[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 139434376391.jpg - (915.15KB , 1920x1080 , concealment.jpg )
13902 No. 13902 edit
This game is an RP game. I've already invited two players who have accepted their roles, and this post acts as guidelines for the rules.

- There will be two detectives. These are the two player characters.

- The players will be in competition with each other. While they inspect a crime scene alone, they have the ability to message the GM and privately inspect evidence. Neither player can do this while the other is in the room, however, nor if another NPC is watching them.

- Both detectives can also make up to two 'secret actions' in the game. 'Secret actions' refer to actions as innocent to putting up tape markers on doors to dousing the other detective's drink with sleeping syrup. Neither player is required to use their secret actions if they wish to remain honorable.

- Both players will also have secrets regarding their back-stories. If these secrets come to light during the course of the game, the family members will become more suspicious of that character and they will have fewer opportunities to investigate. It is in the best interest of both detectives to expose the other's secret, but it is not a winning condition of the game. Evidence will appear during the game that has the potential of incriminating both detectives.

- Neither detective can romance Maria

- At the end of the game, both detectives will send the GM their theories. Whichever is closer to the truth will be named the winner.

- Have fun.

Expand all images
>> No. 13903 edit
File 139434385425.jpg - (74.02KB , 640x480 , angegame1.jpg )
13903
I sit backwards and sigh. It's finished: the only game that I'll ever create and the last game that anyone ever makes. I had read every game that anyone wrote about my family previously, whether they had been written by the genuine Beatrice or by forgers attempting to imitate her games. I knew the style, setup, and format perfectly.

So, I decided to ignore them. If I'm going to create a game of my own, I decided, it would have to not only be a fitting tribute to my family, but original in design. A story that only the Witch of Truth could conjure using her magic. The dedication I put in crafting the tale had been painful at times—it's not a happy, saccharine tale like Battler's final game—but I feel proud of the ultimate result. It acts as the final game of Rokkenjima's story. A game that will, with any luck, finally put my family to rest.

“Ronove,” I say into the open air.

The demon butler wastes no time presenting himself. “You called, miss?”

“I just finished a gameboard,” I tell him.

“You did?” He seems surprised but, when I give him a simple nod, he doesn't inquire further into it. “How may I be of assistance?”

“I got so caught up telling my tale that I forgot to insert a detective into the story. I need you to find one. “

“Of course, miss. I will complete this task presently.”

“Hold on,” I stop him. “One more thing: don't tell my brother about this. This is something that I can only do by myself. That I need to do by myself.”

“As you say,” he says. “I shall return shortly.”

Ronove remains true to his word. He isn't gone for more than a few moments when he reappears with some green haired girl. Her height and stature make her resemble Erika. She's wearing some kind of dark clothing. I don't recognize the girl at all, but I also don't doubt Ronove's judgment.

I approach her. “Once you complete this game board, you are to tell me the solution in blue and I'll respond accordingly. I'll be more than plentiful with hints and clues, so this should be a breeze for you. Are we understood?”

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)22:19:14
>> No. 13905 edit
File 131138925656.png - (127.97KB , 576x480 , amy_defa1.png )
13905
I curtsy before the young woman in front of me.

"I understand."
>> No. 13908 edit
File 139434650881.jpg - (83.83KB , 640x480 , waves.jpg )
13908
Ange nods. Your form disappears from the tea party room and you feel water angrily lapping at your sides...
>> No. 13910 edit
File 13943478136.jpg - (98.20KB , 640x480 , bernandange.jpg )
13910
Amy disappears completely from the tea room. I move to make a comment to Ronove about the game board, but another voice fills the air in the room:

"You should fire your butler. That piece couldn't solve its way out of a cardboard box!"

I move into a defensive position, but Ronove just smiles.

"Lady Bernkastel," he says. "It's good to hear from you again. As I recall, that piece did an excellent job against you, did she not? What word do you use to refer to a witch that is even less successful than a cardboard box?"

The room stays quiet for a moment, but Bernkastel appears in the room a moment later without any flair or effect. She keeps as solemn of a face as ever.

"Evenfall was simply a test for a much larger picture," she says.

"Are you going to say the same thing about Antithesis?"

"That wasn't my game," she says. "But yes, now that you mention it, it served to be quite useful as well. That is, unless this farce of a board sees itself to completion."

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "If this game completes, /seacats/ will be shut down. Nobody will be able to create any mysteries. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"No, I want to control the mysteries. I want to hang on the guts of the Ushiromiya family and twirl them around as wear them as necklaces until I tire of them." Even as she said all of this, her tone didn't change at all. She could just as easily have been talking about tea.

My face contorts. "Get the hell out of here, Bernkastel. You aren't welcome here. Ronove, send her away."

"Is that any way to talk to your opponent, Ange?"

"What? Amy is my opponent!"

"She's also your piece. That hardly seems fair to me. I submit myself as a new challenger to your game. Once my piece wins, I'll stop just short of this game ending and it will hang in limbo for all of eternity."

"To hell with that!" I yell. "Get out of here. There's no way that I accept you as a challenger."

"Unfortunately, you must," says Ronove. "When you made the game, you did not limit it to one challenger. Anyone witch who sees fit may insert a piece onto your game board."

I glare at him. "Are you joking?"

"I'm just explaining, m'lady. There's no need to, as you put it, 'shoot the messenger'."

"Do what you want," I say. However, this changes things. I won't be able to just hand out hints so that Amy can win, now. I somehow have to make the game easy enough to be solved but difficult enough so that Bernkastel's piece can't solve it. "Who is your piece, anyway?"

"I don't believe he requires introduction," Bernkastel says. "He was my opponent in the last game. I'm pulling him from some other board at the moment, but he knows that my needs always come first. Let's take a look at him now..."
>> No. 13911 edit
File 13943481208.jpg - (58.11KB , 640x480 , plane.jpg )
13911
You wake up, startled. Lights are flashing around you and alarms invade your ears witch high pitched wails. Rain splatters the window of your plane at alarming rates and you can feel the entire vehicle being pulled down.

Yep. Your plane is about to crash.
>> No. 13912 edit
File 137757772736.png - (1.14MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_105.png )
13912
>>13911
While trying to keep the plane from tumbling down I look around to see if there is a parachute and or any other items lying around.

I imagine its a slim chance but I look out the window to try and see anything outside.
>> No. 13914 edit
File 131139756834.png - (135.52KB , 574x480 , amy_niramua1.png )
13914
I slowly awaken and try to get out. I'm in no hurry after all my situation is with peaceful waves lapping against my body. Upon standing I take in the sea breeze and look around.
>> No. 13915 edit
File 139434915735.jpg - (63.27KB , 640x480 , plane2.jpg )
13915
You can't control the alarmingly decreasing height of the plane, but you do manage to equip yourself with a parachute. Here's hoping that it actually works. Heaven knows you don't have time to actually check.

You also find a handgun, a deck of playing cards, and a picture of Kinjo.

You don't see anything noticeable outside the plane. Just a lot of rain.

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)23:12:50
>> No. 13917 edit
File 13786221631.png - (62.01KB , 500x325 , tumblr_m239ynnbvp1ql7vn1o1_500.png )
13917
>>13915
Before I bail out of the plane I make sure to locate the strap in order to release the parachute properly. I make sure to take all the items I find and pocket them so they don't fall out.

Once all the preparations are complete I jump from the plane.
>> No. 13919 edit
File 139434955215.jpg - (64.99KB , 640x480 , waves2.jpg )
13919
You take in the feeling of the harsh, violent winds against your wet, cold, and damaged body. You're on a shoreline. You see some trees and a path in the opposite direction of the ocean. You can hear the sound of a plane from far away.

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)23:37:02
>> No. 13920 edit
File 139434981581.png - (140.91KB , 577x480 , amy_niramua2.png )
13920
I assume I'm on a beach or something I try to go further on land to escape the cold waves and wind.
>> No. 13921 edit
File 139434985327.jpg - (75.72KB , 640x480 , island.jpg )
13921
Ozaki makes a heroic leap from the plane and into the sky. The storm quickly tenderizes Ozaki with cannonballs of wind and whips of rain knocking themselves against his supple flesh.

When he gets close enough the the ground, he pulls the strap of his parachute. Surprisingly, it works, and as he lowers he can see himself about to land on an island. What luck!

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)23:26:18
>> No. 13923 edit
File 139435031737.jpg - (161.17KB , 640x480 , staircase.jpg )
13923
You walk up the shore, tracking wet sand all over your feet and legs. You continue moving inland until you reach a canopy of trees. You spot a staircase going up a long-winded path.
>> No. 13925 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
13925
>>13921
As I presumably fly through the air I take a look at the island for anything notable. Landmarks, buildings or whathave you. I try to see where the plane lands, and also attempt to land in an open area opposed to any forested area.
>> No. 13926 edit
I go up the pathway of stairs.

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)23:33:09
>> No. 13927 edit
File 139435105838.jpg - (66.91KB , 640x480 , chapel.jpg )
13927
You look around. You can see three large structures on the island-- a large mansion, a smaller, two story building, and what appears to be a chapel.

You don't have to try very hard to see where your plane lands. It chucks itself straight into the two story building. It makes a deafening crunch as it hits. You had better hope that nobody was in there.

You try to land on a flat piece of land, but a gust of wind picks you up your parachute instead and flings your frail, human form straight towards the stained-glass window of the chapel.

Better brace for impact, captain.

Last edited at 14/03/08(Sat)23:46:51
>> No. 13928 edit
File 139435120617.png - (1.23MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_66.png )
13928
>>13927
I tuck and roll, praying to god that I miss the shards of glass upon landing.
>> No. 13932 edit
File 139435174647.jpg - (121.62KB , 640x480 , mariarosa.jpg )
13932
You walk up the steps, which seem needlessly windy. Couldn't someone have made a shorter path up these steps?

When you reach the top, you find a child and an older woman standing in a garden. The older woman holds an umbrella over the child.
>> No. 13933 edit
File 131138925656.png - (127.97KB , 576x480 , amy_defa1.png )
13933
Before I go into their line of sight I check out my body's condition, see if I have anything on my person as well as any injuries and so on.
>> No. 13934 edit
File 137928224648.jpg - (71.59KB , 640x480 , chapel2.jpg )
13934
You crash through the window. You have enough surging adrenaline to the point where you can't even feel any pain. Your parachute rips upon entry, however, and you plop to the ground.

You luckily manage to avoid the shards of glass and you can even manage to stand. You find yourself standing in the front of the chapel, right next to an open coffin.

And more than a dozen people stare at you from the pews.

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)00:01:43
>> No. 13936 edit
File 135694312710.png - (365.86KB , 856x480 , shiki-11b.png )
13936
>>13934
"Uh... sorry about that."

I stand there awkwardly waiting for them to do something.
>> No. 13937 edit
File 139435265765.jpg - (68.81KB , 640x480 , garden.jpg )
13937
You have a pocket knife in your pocket as well as a compass, a mini-flashlight, and a ticket stub to a cruise ship. You don't seem to be injured, but you feel weak from swimming.
>> No. 13939 edit
File 131138925656.png - (127.97KB , 576x480 , amy_defa1.png )
13939
I cry out "Help....me!" in a weak but loud voice, one filled with desperation. I pretend to struggle forward and once they notice my presence I take another few steps before collapsing to the ground.
>> No. 13940 edit
File 139435290578.jpg - (87.99KB , 640x480 , chapel3.jpg )
13940
The people in the pews appear flustered. This is probably just about the last thing they expected to happen.

"What was all a' that?" A large man stands up and yells at you. "And what was that sound just a second ago?"

Another man stands up. "Who in the world do you think you are? This is a private residence! I'm calling the police."

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)00:15:05
>> No. 13942 edit
File 137776107959.png - (168.01KB , 379x446 , ozaki_106.png )
13942
>>13940
"Woah look I'm sorry, I really didn't mean any of this to happen. My colleague and I were flying in a plane and the storm came out of no where, he fell from the plane while pushing the only parachute into my hands and the plane went out of control and I flew into this building after jumping from it. I dont even know where I am, who are you people?"

Obviously I'm freaking/panicking just as much as they are while I say all this.
>> No. 13945 edit
File 13943539196.jpg - (73.73KB , 640x480 , rosa.jpg )
13945
Rosa scurries up to you. "Are you all right? Excuse me, miss?"

She turns to Maria. "Maria! Go and get Dr. Nanjo from the chapel! I think she's hurt."

"Uu." Maria turns and runs towards the direction of the chapel.

Rosa carries the young woman in her arms. "Can you hear me? Were you hurt in that plane crash?"
>> No. 13947 edit
I weakly shake my head. "My...my... boat it sank...... Everyone's.... gone..." Tears start to well up in my eyes.
>> No. 13948 edit
File 139435431075.jpg - (76.43KB , 640x480 , natsuhi.jpg )
13948
The men look embarrassed. "My apologies. I had no idea something like that happened."

"Who flies their planes in the middle of a typhoon?" asks Hideyoshi.

A woman approaches him. Krauss looks nervous as she does so, still being apprehensive about you.

"Are you hurt?" she asks. "My name is Natsuhi Ushiromiya. You are on the island of Rokkenjima, you're safe now. We'll do everything in our power find your co-pilot."

She turns from you. "Genji-san, Gohda-san, please go and phone the police. Tell them about the the crash. I know there's a storm so they may not be able to send men out, but they may be able to guide us."

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)00:47:35
>> No. 13949 edit
File 139431947649.jpg - (118.54KB , 640x480 , maindoor.jpg )
13949
"Something like that happened? I can't believe it. And modern technology is supposed to make boats so safe... I'm sorry. Everything will be all right. You're on Rokkenjima. You're safe, now."

She carries you inside the front door of the mansion.
>> No. 13950 edit
File 137739506911.png - (802.53KB , 1080x768 , ozaki_94.png )
13950
>>13948
"Thank you, I think I'm fine, my head hurts a bit though" I check myself to double check for any wounds. Also check my clothing for any labels or name tags.

"I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am for this, I think the plane hit a building, and well..." I leave it at that while wearing a pained expression.
>> No. 13951 edit
"Thank you so much.... you're so kind. I honestly thought I was a goner just like the rest of my family. I don't even know why I keep struggling despite seeing so many people sink in the water. It was so horrid..."

I try to take notice of the area around me as Rosa carries me.
>> No. 13989 edit
File 139442322195.jpg - (133.18KB , 640x480 , chapel4.jpg )
13989
You check your body for any wounds. You have a few cuts on your arm and legs, but you seem largely unscathed. Pretty good for a guy who just jumped out of a crashing plane and into a window. Miraculous, one might say.

You find some labels on the inside of your coat. When you tell the family that the plane crashed into a building there's an uproar.

"Eh? Didn't Rosa and Maria go to the mansion?"

"Which building was it?"

"We have to go make sure they're okay!"
>> No. 13990 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13990
>>13989
"I think it was a two story building if I recall..."
I wait to see if they all leave the chapel, hoping to be alone for a moment. If they usher me along with them though I'll follow them.
>> No. 13991 edit
File 139442403267.jpg - (84.72KB , 640x480 , beatoportrait.jpg )
13991
"That sounds absolutely..." Rosa's voice trails off when she enters the chapel. "What in the world?"

You strain to see what she's looking at. There's nothing there but a blank spot on the wall.

"Where is...Father's portrait?"
>> No. 13992 edit
"Portrait?" I asked, pretending to not know at all what she is referring to, after all there is only a blank spot.
>> No. 13993 edit
File 137928224648.jpg - (71.59KB , 640x480 , chapel.jpg )
13993
Some of the family members seem relieved, but they still seem intent on checking the status of their family member's.

"You," one of the men says. "Come with us while we sort this out!"

When he turns in the direction of the chapel exit, a little girl runs through the door. She's soaking wet.

"Uuu! Uu! Mama told Maria to get Dr. Nanjo. Mama found someone hurt."

Natsuhi looks at you. "Do you think that could be your co-pilot?"

"What do they look like, Maria?" one of the lager men asks.

"Uu. Maria doesn't know. Didn't get a good look."

"We should go as a family," says Natsuhi. "This will have to wait."

She glances at the casket while she says that, then one by one, the family leaves. They probably expected you to follow, but you appear to be alone for the moment.
>> No. 13994 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
13994
>>13993
I would take a look in the casket before following the group.
>> No. 13996 edit
File 139442575030.jpg - (51.38KB , 640x480 , parlor.jpg )
13996
"Father's portrait," she says. "There used to be..."

She shakes her head. "We need to get you some rest."

She escorts you into a room with a few sofas and a television. She wraps you up in an assortment of blankets.

"I'm going to go find our doctor," she says. "Please wait here until I return."

Rosa leaves the parlor.

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)21:29:39
>> No. 13998 edit
File 139442596225.jpg - (67.21KB , 640x480 , nanjo.jpg )
13998
You look inside the casket. The only thing inside is a beautiful assortment of different flowers. Compared to your stark surroundings, they jump with life and vibrancy.

You turn to leave, but you see someone in your path. A bulky man in a white labcoat. "You-- I know you!"
>> No. 13999 edit
File 137918006716.png - (596.33KB , 642x768 , ozaki_32.png )
13999
>>13998
"Are you mistaking me for someone else? Who are you?"
>> No. 14000 edit
I leave the parlor and go to the broiler room.
>> No. 14002 edit
File 139442818413.jpg - (66.61KB , 640x480 , nanjo2.jpg )
14002
"I couldn't be! Aren't you Ozaki-san? You studied under me some years ago. Yes, that must be you!"

You recognize him now: Dr. Nanjo. When you acted as him apprentice for a brief period of time, he made more false death proclamations than anyone else. Honestly, it's a wonder he still makes a living.

"What have you been doing, my boy?" he asks. He seems so overjoyed to see you that he's lost track of the situation.

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)22:10:12
>> No. 14005 edit
File 139442834768.jpg - (36.78KB , 640x480 , boiler.jpg )
14005
After some stumbling around, you make your way to the boiler room. It's dark, dingy, and it smells like Gohda's armpit. Why would anyone want to come in here?
>> No. 14006 edit
File 137740654161.png - (517.23KB , 522x707 , ozaki_62.png )
14006
>>14002
"Ah Nanjo, its you. What a surprise to see you after all these years. I have to say I'm actually quite battered up, in case you couldn't tell I just crash landed on this island. Its a miracle that I'm alive really. What about you, are you working on some city on this island or something?"
>> No. 14007 edit
I leave the broiler room and then try to find my way to the servants room.
>> No. 14009 edit
File 139442952743.jpg - (67.02KB , 640x480 , nanjo2.jpg )
14009
"City?" He says. "My boy, this entire island is owned by the Ushiromiya family. I am the private physician of Kinzo Ushiromiya, the family head. It's a position I hold with high honor."
>> No. 14010 edit
File 139442970210.jpg - (41.63KB , 640x480 , boiler2.jpg )
14010
As you walk up the boiler steps, you hear a voice:

"Hello? Are you there?" It's the voice of the woman who brought you in. Many sets of footsteps follow her. You hear some mumbling.

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)22:38:27
>> No. 14011 edit
File 137918385615.png - (695.45KB , 841x768 , ozaki_55.png )
14011
>>14009
"Oh a private island? That explains why everyone was so surprised... well I guess anyone would be surprised by that really.

Were they having a funeral or something? I don't see a body, but I feel even worse about crashing in if so."
>> No. 14013 edit
"Yes, I'm sorry for leaving the room. But I just wanted somewhere dark to let out my feelings."

I sniffle and pretend to be really upset. "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble."
>> No. 14014 edit
File 13944304227.jpg - (67.11KB , 640x480 , nanjo3.jpg )
14014
Nanjo sighs. "Yes, we were. One of our servants recently passed away and we were holding a service to honor her. The Ushiromiya family held a public funeral, of course, but it turned out to be a media frenzy. 'The servant who took her life'. One reporter even asked Krauss-san if he thought that his working conditions caused her to commit suicide. It took three security guards to keep him off the reporter.

We thought that a service here would be more honorable, but it seems that fate has its own plans-- not that I'm blaming you, Ozaki-san. It's just that between you and the other injured party-- oh! I almost forgot. We have to go!"

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)22:54:11
>> No. 14015 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14015
>>14014
"Hmm? Other party you say? What is this now?"
I follow Nanjo, it is assumed we move as we talk I guess.
>> No. 14016 edit
File 139443105682.jpg - (102.45KB , 640x480 , family.jpg )
14016
You walk up the steps. A large number of people fill up the hallway around you.

"Are you okay?" the woman from before asks. "Do you need our doctor to take a look at you?"

"Speaking of Doctor Nanjo," says another woman. "Where is he?"

"Eh?" says the man beside her. "He was right next to us before."

A brown haired woman approaches you. "What's your name?"

Last edited at 14/03/09(Sun)22:59:06
>> No. 14018 edit
"I'm not really sure... I'm still in shock..." I tell the first woman (Rosa)

I curtsy. "My name is Amy." to 3rd woman (Natsuhi)
>> No. 14019 edit
File 139443153075.jpg - (125.60KB , 640x480 , nanjo4.jpg )
14019
"Didn't you hear Natsuhi-san? It sounds like someone else is in need of medical attention. Perhaps this is your assistant."

Dr. Nanjo invites you under his umbrella and walks in the rain towards the mansion.
>> No. 14024 edit
File 13945180497.jpg - (103.82KB , 640x480 , hallway.jpg )
14024
"My name is Kyrie," one of the women says.

"I am Natushi Ushiromiya," another one says. "Were you on that dreadful plane that crashed?"

Last edited at 14/03/10(Mon)23:07:44
>> No. 14026 edit
My eyes go wide. "There was a plane crash too..? My fortune was right!" I cry out. "I really am a bad luck curse." Tears run down my face. "Mom, dad, sis..."

I try to compose myself. "I was on a cruise ship with my family... it sunk...."

Last edited at 14/03/10(Mon)23:18:00
>> No. 14027 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14027
>>14019
"Ah I see, let us hurry then."
I agree to follow Nanjo. Making sure to remember my surroundings and the pathways.
>> No. 14031 edit
File 139451918717.jpg - (94.79KB , 640x480 , georgerudolf.jpg )
14031
"Hey, don't say that." A man walks up to you. "My name is George. If I've learned anything... it's that bad things just happen. It's not because we're cursed or fortunes tell us our doom or anything. There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason for them. Sometimes, things just are. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, great pep talk, George." Another man says. He looks at you next. "My name is Rudolf. You can call me Rudolf onii-chan if you'd like. Tears don't suit a cute girl like yourself. If you survived, then I'm sure the rest of your family is fine. The Coast Guard probably rescued them by the time you got here."

Last edited at 14/03/10(Mon)23:27:40
>> No. 14034 edit
"You... you really think so?" I sniffle and try to smile.
>> No. 14035 edit
File 139452108522.jpg - (91.80KB , 640x480 , darkozaki.jpg )
14035
You follow closely next to Nanjo, but contant streams of rain still hit the portion of your body not protected by the undersized, meager umbrella. The drops on your lips tastes an odd combination of sweet and bitter, almost like table salt sprinkled over the inside of a freshly picked green apple, as if two angry gods were fighting over the composition of even the water itself. For a single, brief moment, you feel infinitely small, as if not a single action you could possibly take on this gray, cold mass of sand of an island could matter in the slightest. Then you feel something worse: a chill separate from the rain and winds, one that wraps itself around your bones and tears the fabric of your muscles to the point of total expansion. You feel claws of ice dig into your spine and in that moment your pupils dilate and you see the island--the country--the world--for the shriveling shell of lies and deceit that it is. The hues of black and brown that surrounds the conscious of any ordinary man. The clarity is almost unable to bear, but you can't stop the torrent of disgust that invades your brain!

Then it stops, as if it has never began at all, and you follow the good Doctor inside the Ushiromiya mansion. You're on your merry way. You don't even remember that anything had happened. You don't pay attention to the nagging feeling of haven forgotten something. As far as your concerned, it hadn't even happened.

But it had, right, Ozaki?

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)14:22:53
>> No. 14064 edit
File 139442403267.jpg - (84.72KB , 640x480 , blank.jpg )
14064
You and Doctor Nanjo walk into the main hall. You hear some commotion comming from a hallway to your left, but Nanjo just stares at a blank spot on the wall.

"What in the world...?"
>> No. 14065 edit
File 139457535174.png - (957.47KB , 885x768 , ozaki_83.png )
14065
>>14064
"Hmm, what is wrong Nanjo?"

I examine the surrounding area.
>> No. 14066 edit
File 139458478773.jpg - (96.53KB , 640x480 , battler.jpg )
14066
"Of course," Rudolf says. "At least you didn't crash through a window like the other guy that just showed up.

He looks back at Rosa and whispers. "Uh, she didn't crash through a window, right? I'd sure sound like a jerk if she had."

Rosa shakes her head. A few of the adults had left to find their doctor, and from where they had stood, a young man with red hair steps up. He's wearing a white suit.

"You must have been really scared," he says.

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)17:40:00
>> No. 14067 edit
File 139458546862.jpg - (101.33KB , 640x480 , group.jpg )
14067
"Kinzo-san's portrait," says Nanjo. That's all he says for a few seconds. He moves around the room, as if by shifting to a new position he'll be able to see it.

"He had a portrait of a witch on this wall. Why, it was there earlier today. What could have happened? Even the epitaph is missing."

You look around the area. A bright chandelier hangs from the ceiling and two vertical windows rest on both sides of the portrait. You see an indentation on the ground in front of the blank space on the wall. That's probably whether this 'epitaph' would have stood. Further to your right, you see a grandfather clock, but it appears to be broken. The time on the clock reads four hours and fifty-two minutes past twelve.

You notice the sky getting darker and darker outside, not that it was particularly bright to begin with.

Nothing else stands out of the ordinary.

From your left, you hear a few pairs of footsteps. You recognize a few of the faces from the chapel.

"Dr. Nanjo, where have you been?" asks a woman with red hair. A solemn looking servant stands beside her and a large man in a pink tie beside him. "We have a guest that could be in need of attention."

"M-my apologies. I'll come right away. Ozaki-san, if you would follow me, perhaps you could help. It would due to get those cuts disinfected as well. They don't look deep, but we can never be too careful. That's a motto of mine, you know."

Nanjo and the others walk down the hallway. He beckons you to follow.
>> No. 14070 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14070
>>14067
I follow Nanjo and help if needed.
>> No. 14071 edit
I nodd
>> No. 14073 edit
File 139459190012.jpg - (83.03KB , 640x480 , nanjo1.jpg )
14073
From around the corner of the hallway, a group of the adults return with two men wearing white medical coats. The younger one has rips on his sleeves and cuts on his arms.

Wait a minute. You know him.

It's been years, but you're sure that you recognize him. That's Ozaki! You both used to be in a murder mystery group a few years back. At first he had congratulated you on being so smart for your age, but with some time, a fierce rivalry broke out between you. Both of you had to be the one to solve the mystery. You could never let the other get even a little credit. You continued using manipulative tricks to one-up each other. One time, you remember that the group received a manuscript from a supposed 'mystery writer' only to later find out that Ozaki wrote the entire thing. Your rivalry continued until the group disbanded.

A few family members turn to acknowledge the men, but don't say anything.

People make way in the hall and the larger, older doctor walks up to you. "Hello, dear. My name is Dr. Nanjo. Could you come follow me to the parlor? There's more light in there."

Without waiting for an answer, Dr. Nanjo starts walking towards the parlor while holding your hand. "You too, Ozaki, if you would."

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)19:48:32
>> No. 14074 edit
File 139459206077.jpg - (83.68KB , 640x480 , nanjo2.jpg )
14074
You recognize the girl at once. That's Amy. You never knew too much about her personal life, only that she was a smart girl who wanted to take away your win streak in the mystery club you both participated in. What was she doing here?

Dr. Nanjo starts walking towards the parlor while holding your hand. "You too, Ozaki, if you would."

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)19:41:34
>> No. 14075 edit
"O-Okazki?! What are you doing here?" I stutter upon seeing someone I actually know.
>> No. 14077 edit
File 137929069475.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_80.png )
14077
>>14075
"I could say the same thing Amy, I for one just crashed onto the island. It's Ozaki btw, not that it matters, we should make sure you don't have any lasting damage before anything else... I should patch myself up too for that matter."

I proceed to help Amy to the parlor and assist Nanjo if he needs help(making sure he doesn't accidentally kill her or something). After I would patch myself up as well.
>> No. 14079 edit
File 139459515681.jpg - (119.02KB , 640x480 , amydark copy.jpg )
14079
Night descended on the infinitesimal smudge of Rokkenjima island. Black and gray torrents of rain water splashed against windows and shutters, desperately hungry for chaos and discord. Humans: the lowliest and dumbest of all animals. They think themselves wise, but even the seagulls know to leave when a storm hits. Even they can spot hopelessness.

Seagulls, like other birds, fly in a group formation. Communications serves as an integral part of every decision and action the group should make. If one should miscommunicate or obfuscate his intent, the weight of the burden falls on his wings. He must recuperate and reinstate himself into the group. Humans, again, are a different kind of beast. Humans will blame each other. They will justify their own failings in more roundabout ways and consistently hurt themselves, and they they still believe they are at the top of that the world has to offer.

Nothing is as pitiful as a human except, perhaps, a human at night, when they believe they are hidden from sight and that I am not watching.
>> No. 14080 edit
File 13945965107.jpg - (68.46KB , 640x480 , nanjohap.jpg )
14080
Doctor Nanjo takes you into the parlor. While he's sitting you down, you can hear some discussion from outside of the parlor door.

"Genji-san, Gohda-san, what did the police have to say?"

"My apologies, madame. We could not contact anyone outside of the island using the phone line or make any kind of communication using the radio, which only appears to be picking up short, unintelligible transmissions."

"I see," says Natushi. "Gohda, Genji, there may very well be another survivor of the plane crash on the island. I want you both to look outside. Kumasawa can handle food preparations for tonight."

You hear an audible whining.

Inside the parlor, the family has settled near the television, watching television while the servants serve snacks. A little girl, who you hear an older woman call Maria, rapidly flips through the channels.

"Mackerel! 30 percent off if you order within the next--"

"...typhoon appears to be continuing for at least the next--"

"...Carl's Crazy Condos! Rent is--"

"Toshiro, I've always loved--"

"...still frantically searching for recently escaped convict--"

"...what dark and strange mysteries lurk around every corner? there could even be--"

"...for the Magic Hour! With your host, Magic Greg!"


Eventually, she finally settles on something she wants to watch, much to everyone's relief. Doctor Nanjo quickly gets done examining you.

"Well, well, it looks like you're going to be just fine!" Nanjo smiles. "I hope swimming has earned you an appetite."
>> No. 14081 edit
File 139459694648.jpg - (63.46KB , 640x480 , parlor.jpg )
14081
You disinfect yourself. It stings, but such minor pain doesn't bother you. You look around. Nanjo appears to be talking to Amy while everyone else absentmindedly watches TV. This would be a good time to formally introduce yourself, but the choice is yours.
>> No. 14084 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14084
>>14081
I check to see who is all in the room at the moment. I also get the layout of the room. I stay silent unless someone talks to me seeing how I probably caused millions of dollars worth of damage.
>> No. 14085 edit
"Thank you." I try to smile at the kind doctor.

I stand up and try to get everyone's attention. "I'm sorry for troubling you but please allow me to stay the night."
>> No. 14088 edit
File 139459861094.jpg - (90.63KB , 640x480 , battler.jpg )
14088
Inside the room, you see Nanjo, Amy, Maria, a young man with red hair, a young man with black hair and glasses, a young woman with blonde hair, a man in a red suit, a woman with white hair and a tie, a man with slicked back hair and a white tie, a woman with medium length brown hair, a woman with red hair, and a larger man with a red shirt and pink tie.

Natushi is still outside the room, as well as the three servants you saw.

The parlor is a room that almost seems like two. One half of the room has several couches facing a television, as well as a window to the right. The other half is more like a casual conversation area, with couches and chairs around a small, wooden coffee table. That's the area that you, Amy, and Nanjo are in. The door is about in the middle of the room, away from the window. There are also some drawers and cabinets around the room.

You try to remain anonymous, but Amy speaks up.

"I'm sorry for troubling you," she says. "But please allow me to stay the night."

Most of the family looks back at you, except Maria.

"It looks like you'll have to," says the man with slicked back hair. "The storm isn't letting up and the phones are out."

To you, he adds: "I'm Rudolf, by the way."

"It looks like everyone might have to stay in the mansion tonight," say the blond haired girl. "Since, if the mansion is fine, then the plane must've flew into the guest house..."

"The guest house!" Krauss jumps up. He runs out of the room at the pace of Wile E. Cayote.

"I thought he was taking it a bit too well," says the red haired man. He looks at you. "My name is Battler. I don't think everyone's really introduced themselves yet."

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)21:35:56
>> No. 14089 edit
"Did something happen to the guesthouse?"
>> No. 14093 edit
File 139459989290.jpg - (73.29KB , 640x480 , apo.jpg )
14093
"Ah, well..." Rudolf says. "Maybe Ozaki could explain. I'm kind of curious as to what happened as well."

"What were ya doin flyin' a plance during a typhoon?" the larger man with the pink tie asks.

Everyone stares expectantly at Ozaki.
>> No. 14094 edit
File 139460040249.png - (1.00MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_118.png )
14094
>>14093
"I'm ashamed to admit that we had no idea there was a storm in-bound. We were headed to Niijima and at some point got completely turned around. By the time we had gotten back on course it was too late, and the storm hit. After that my friend... well, I was left alone in the plane at that point and keeping it under control proved impossible, so I jumped. You all know the rest, and I am completely distraught at the damage I have done. I'm so sorry."
>> No. 14096 edit
File 139460174566.jpg - (97.89KB , 640x480 , evahid.jpg )
14096
"I can see why Krauss wouldn't be happy," says an orange haired woman. "Not that I'm blaming you or anything. He's put a lot into this place over the years, though. I can't help but feel bad for Nii-san."

She looks contemplative for a moment. "My name is Eva. This is my husband, Hideyoshi. You said that your name is Ozaki? And you're Amy? I'm sure you both must have questions."
>> No. 14097 edit
"Where-where is this island? I honestly have no idea where I am."
>> No. 14098 edit
File 139460190147.png - (1.14MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_22.png )
14098
>>14096
"Well, I've heard that this is a private island for the family. I don't suppose you all live here do you?"
>> No. 14100 edit
File 139460218732.jpg - (87.29KB , 640x480 , jessica.jpg )
14100
"Rokkenjima is just off the coast of Niijima," says the blonde haired girl. "If you have a boat, it doesn't take long to get to shore at all."
>> No. 14102 edit
File 139460230272.jpg - (85.55KB , 640x480 , rudolfky.jpg )
14102
"Me, live in a stuffy place like this?" Rudolf says. "Never."

"We visit once a year for the family conference," the white haired woman beside him finishes. "We're supposed to be leaving in the morning, but with the way the storm looks..."
>> No. 14103 edit
File 139460281636.jpg - (64.89KB , 640x480 , nanjosad.jpg )
14103
You both hear running from outside of the parlor. The door opens and Natushi rushes in.

"Dr. Nanjo!" she says. Her hair and clothes are wet. She was likely running without an umbrella. "Your assistance is required immediately."

"Hey, did something happen?" Rudolf asks.

"I'll explain later. Dr. Nanjo, follow me, quickly."

"If the situation is all that serious, perhaps Ozaki should come with me," he says.

"Fine!" Her short fuse has already blown minutes prior, it seems. "Just hurry!"

Natsuhi disappears outside of the door. The adults start mumbling among themselves. Maria turns up the television.
>> No. 14104 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14104
>>14103
"Sure thing," I say as I hurry to follow Natsuhi and Nanjo to wherever they lead.

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)22:42:00
>> No. 14105 edit
"Um if you don't mind, would you be willing to take me on a tour of your home? I love western buildings like these, and I would like to take my mind off what happened to my family."
>> No. 14106 edit
File 139434650881.jpg - (83.83KB , 640x480 , waves.jpg )
14106
You, Dr. Nanjo, and Natushi hurry outside the mansion, past the rose garden, and down the long set of stairs leading to the beach.

When you step on the shore, you see Gohda and Genji are standing in the rain. Genji is holding his umbrella over some dark shape laying on the ground. When you get closer, you see that it's a girl with blue hair. She appears to be dead.

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)22:55:39
>> No. 14107 edit
File 13776519523.png - (912.58KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_17.png )
14107
>>14106
I crouch near the body and confirm her death.
I also examine any wounds to be found and check her clothing and pockets.
I estimate a time of death(assuming she is) because why not.

"This isn't anyone you know is it?" I ask of the group.

Last edited at 14/03/11(Tue)22:59:57
>> No. 14108 edit
File 139442403267.jpg - (84.72KB , 640x480 )
14108
When nobody else responds, the blonde haired girl apparently remembers that she's the only one in the room that actually lives in the mansion.

"Oh yeah, I can do that," she says. "My name's Jessica."

Battler stands up. "I think I need to stretch my legs. I'll come with you guys."

"It would be nice to take my mind off of things as well," says the man in the green suit. "I'm George. It's a pleasure to meet you. Are you coming too, Maria?"

Maria looks split, but she decides to go with the cousins. You all exit the parlor and go out into the main hall.

"This is, well, the main hall," says Jessica. "Where Grandather has a... hey, where is that portrait, anyways?"
>> No. 14109 edit
I thank Jessica for agreeing to show me around the mansion. "This is the second time I've heard about this portrait is it important?"
>> No. 14110 edit
File 139460488718.jpg - (72.04KB , 640x480 , goh.jpg )
14110
You check her body. The girl in front of you is definitely dead. She suffered some kind of blunt force to the head, but the thing that killed her was probably drowning.

You find a ticket stub in her pocket. It's for a cruise ship. Other than that, you don't find anything particularly noticeable about her.

"Is she...?" one of the servants, the green haired one, asks.
>> No. 14111 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14111
>>14110
"Hmm, are you familiar with this girl?" I ask the servant. "Judging from this ticket stub she was probably on some sort of cruise ship and the storm took her as well."
>> No. 14112 edit
File 139460544713.jpg - (136.91KB , 640x480 , hall.jpg )
14112
"It's supposed to be a painting of Grandfather's mistress," says Jessica. "Her name is Beatrice, and she's supposed to be this great witch who can do all kinds of magic. Supposedly, she made a contract with grandfather to give him a butt ton of gold."

"Beatrice?" Battler says. "Grandfather really believes in something like that?"

"Uu!" Maria pipes in. "Beatrice is real!"
>> No. 14114 edit
File 139460567846.jpg - (72.01KB , 640x480 , gohdadis.jpg )
14114
"No, it's just...I...I've never seen a dead body before. Do you think she was on the same ship as Amy-san?"
>> No. 14116 edit
"Do-do-do...do you think.... she could bring my family back?"
>> No. 14117 edit
File 139464628746.png - (480.77KB , 773x638 , ozaki_126.png )
14117
>>14114
"Amy was on a ship? Well, seeing how they both washed up here I'd say the chances are high."

I stand up now finished looking at the body.

"For the girl's sake I hope this isn't anyone she knows. That being said, it should be moved or buried someplace. The family will probably want to retrieve it once they are able to, but for now this is the best we can do."
>> No. 14118 edit
File 139467074244.jpg - (205.77KB , 640x480 , cousins.jpg )
14118
"Uu!" Maria smiles. "Beatrice is awesome! She can do anything. If you respect her, reviving your family would be as easy to her as blinking."

Battler hits Maria on the head. "Stop that."

He looks at you. "We have no reason to think that anything bad happened to your family. Like my dad said, they were probably rescued."

"Could Beatrice really have a power like that?" George asks.

"Not you too, George!" Jessica says.

George gives a nervous laugh. "Sorry, I just got caught up in my head. Things have been..."

Jessica nods. "Yeah, I know. Hey, why don't I show you guys the kitchen? It's right this way."

Jessica leads the group down another hallway.
>> No. 14119 edit
File 139467144886.jpg - (121.02KB , 640x480 , natsuhi.jpg )
14119
Your group completely agrees. Genji and Gohda carry the body up the stairs to the mansion. You and Natsuhi follow closely behind.

She walks beside you. "You and Amy-san seem to know each other. It would probably be best if she heard about the body from you."

Last edited at 14/03/12(Wed)18:18:28
>> No. 14120 edit
File 131138925656.png - (127.97KB , 576x480 , amy_defa1.png )
14120
I try to engage the cousins in pointless small talk, just to try to get closer to them as we walk down the hallway.
>> No. 14121 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14121
>>14119
"Hmm, I suppose so. I'll do that once we return."
I take note of where they end up resting the body.
>> No. 14122 edit
File 139467427195.jpg - (132.34KB , 640x480 , kit.jpg )
14122
The cousins start warming up to you. As Jessica leads you in the kitchen, you see Kumasawa slaving over some pots and pans.

"Ohoohoho, I hope everyone's craving mackerel. Dinner should be ready very soon."
>> No. 14123 edit
File 131138569310.png - (134.63KB , 577x480 , amy_waraia1.png )
14123
"Greetings, my name is Amy, I'm sorry to barge, I look forward to dinner."

If I already introduced myself to Kumasawa, I'll just claim not to remember and say I might have suffered a head injury when the boat was shaking while it sank.
>> No. 14124 edit
File 139467504398.png - (111.48KB , 640x480 , warehous_o2a.png )
14124
Your group stops outside of a garden shed. On Natsuhi's orders, Genji unlocks the shed and puts the body inside.

"The body should be safe here until the police can arrive," Natsuhi says. Assuming you have no questions or objections, Genji locks the shed and your group heads back towards the mansion.

Last edited at 14/03/12(Wed)19:03:14
>> No. 14125 edit
File 139467618377.jpg - (132.25KB , 640x480 , kitchen2.jpg )
14125
"It's a pleasure, Amy-san. I'm Kumasawa. I'm not nearly as good of a cook as our chef Gohda, but I do hope that everyone enjoys. It was really just a matter of heating things up, so everything is almost ready."

"Is there any way we can help, Kumasawa baa-chan?" Battler asks.

"Oh, no, I couldn't possibly ask you to assist a servant like me."

"It's no problem at all," Jessica says. "Things have been pretty hectic around here. Let us feel useful."

"Well," Kumasawa says. "If you could set the table, it would be a load off this bag of bones."

"No problem!" Battler says. "Do you want to help, Amy? If you're still tired, you can wait in the parlor."
>> No. 14126 edit
I shake my head. "No, I'd rather help out. I'm a guest freeloading. I'd feel better if I could help you out in someway in return for the kindness you have shown me."
>> No. 14129 edit
File 13946865195.jpg - (118.33KB , 640x480 , krauss.jpg )
14129
Your group makes its way back towards the mansion. Along the way, you meet up with Krauss walking from a different path.

"Dear," says Natsuhi.

Krauss looks solemn. He tries to talk so that only Natsuhi can hear him, but you pick up on what he says.

"The guest house is demolished. Completely unsalvagable. We'll have to get a construction team in as soon as the storm passes. I'll just scrape money from somewhere..."

He turns towards the rest of the group. "Gohda, Genji, please go help Kumasawa with any last moment dinner preparations. Ozaki, I'm sure you're hungry after the experience you've had. Please go inside, Kumasawa should have dinner served shortly."

Last edited at 14/03/12(Wed)21:55:56
>> No. 14130 edit
File 139468716219.jpg - (156.83KB , 640x480 , gj.jpg )
14130
You help the cousins set the table in the dining room. Things seem to be going rather well until George falls to his knees and starts crying.

"Hey, George, what's wrong?" asks Battler. Jessica moves to George and gives him a knowing hug. Maria wears a confused look on her face.

"I'm sorry," George says. "I don't even have a right to complain. Amy-san doesn't even know if any of her family is alive. What right to I have to cry about Sayo-chan?"

Last edited at 14/03/12(Wed)22:20:19
>> No. 14131 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14131
>>14129
With my silence and maybe a quick bow I leave Krauss and Natsuhi then proceed into the mansion. If nothing on interest happens on my way back I'll return to the parlor first.
>> No. 14132 edit
I put a hand on George's shoulder. "No matter what others are feeling everyone has the right to let out their sadness. Everyone feels pain, and so everyone should have a right to express that and seek comfort."
>> No. 14135 edit
File 139475617258.png - (286.11KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
14135
You approach the parlor door. You hear some voices inside:

"Still, it's a little too much to all be a coincidence, isn't it?"

"That's right. Two strangers end up on the island in one day? And they just happen to know each other. Krauss must think we're chumps."

"That's not fair, Eva-san. They seem genuine enough to me."

"You were always the naive one. Krauss just wants to distract us from talking about Father."

"So he hired someone to fly a plane into his own building?"

"He probably plans to collect the insurance and keep up his appearance of being broke."

"I hate to say it, but if that is his plan, then it's working pretty well so far."

"Then we'll just have to send the kids and guests to a room upstairs after dinner. After that, we'll have a very private conversation with Nii-san..."


Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)17:16:30
>> No. 14137 edit
File 139475704716.jpg - (125.04KB , 640x480 , mdin_1dn.jpg )
14137
George stands back on his feet. He wipes tears from his eyes and recomposes himself. "Thank you, Amy-san. Things have been...hard."

Battler looks like he's finally putting the pieces together. "You and Shannon?"

George just nods.
>> No. 14139 edit
"I don't really want to prod. But I'm afraid I'm out of the loop. Could someone explain things to me, if that is alright?"
>> No. 14140 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14140
>>14135
Seeing how I was looking for Amy in the first place I decide to leave. With this information, assuming nothing else is immediately said, I attempt to follow Gohda and Genji down whatever hallway they went down under the idea that they went to the kitchen.

Of course once I find it I will also listen to hear if they too are talking amongst each other.
>> No. 14142 edit
File 139475867356.jpg - (126.57KB , 640x480 , geo1 copy.jpg )
14142
"Sayo was a servant that worked here until recently. We were...in love. I was even going to ask her to marry me during the family conference. Then, a month ago, she ended her own life. I have no idea why. She didn't even leave a note."
>> No. 14143 edit
File 139475883149.jpg - (131.99KB , 640x480 , kum.jpg )
14143
You turn away from the door and see Kumasawa standing only inches away from you.

"Ahh, Ozaki-san. I hope you're as hungry as a starved mackerel! Dinner is ready to be served."

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)18:02:28
>> No. 14145 edit
File 137755535088.png - (477.54KB , 618x722 , ozaki_35.png )
14145
>>14143
"Ah is that so. Well, I have never been a picky eater so mackerel is just fine."

Now that supper seems to be upon us I'll just wait until after to tell Amy about the body. Assuming Kumasawa is about to get the adults to come for supper I'll head to the dining room with them.
>> No. 14146 edit
"That is awfully strange. She was happy wasn't she? If you don't mind me asking, how did she die?"
>> No. 14148 edit
File 139475999231.png - (355.25KB , 640x480 , mdin_1dn.png )
14148
"She usually was," says Jessica. "But sometimes, she seemed to just disconnect. She just acted emotionally vacant. It would always go away after some time, but..."

"I used to play with Shannon when we were young," said Battler. "But to think something like that was happening..."

The cousins stay in silence for a few moments. With their funeral interrupted, they all seemed to be paying their own private thoughts to Shannon's memory. It would be rude to interrupt.

After what seems like eternity, you hear a large group of footsteps from down the hall. The rest of the family (along with Ozaki) enter the dining room. The adults engage in some small talk about how famished they all are, completely unaware of the emotional scene that had preceded them.

You and Ozaki take your seats. You're right beside each other at the lower end of the large, rectangular table.

Gohda, Kumasawa, and Genji all start bringing food out to you and the family. It's a delicious meal, even if it had been heated up.
>> No. 14151 edit
File 139476108574.png - (414.04KB , 640x480 , mdin_1cn.png )
14151
From a few seats over, Jessica addresses the both of you and smiles. "Gohda is a top-notch chef. He places the priority on his food above just about anything else. He's supposed to me making a bunch of pastries for breakfast in the morning. Better get there at nine o'clock sharp or I'm going to eat them all!"

It's clear that she's just rambling. Besides her voice, the table had become silent since everyone had started eating. The atmosphere felt uncomfortably tense. Sometimes someone would try to break the ice, but things became quiet again soon enough. The whole dinner progressed this way.

When it ended, Krauss speaks.

"I believe that everyone is finished?"

Nobody objects.

"Kumasawa, Gohda, please find Genji and clear up the dishes. The cousins and our guests can go upstairs."

While Krauss finishes his sentence, Genji walks in the room holding a piece of paper in front of his chest.

"If I may have your attention."

"Genji-san?" says Natsuhi.

"I have a message from the master of the island."

"What?" says Krauss. He nearly jumps from the table.

"A message from Father?" asks Rosa.

Genji doesn't answer. He reads the words in front of him:

" Ushiromiya family,
who I find myself indebted to,
I leave you this puzzle to solve
if you have the time.

on the revival of the witch,
sacrifice three transgressors
to Ammit, the Low demon,
then drive a stake forward
for the higher goddess Ma'at
during a quarter moon.
when you have sacrificed
two more Low transgressors,
continue on the path to the
Golden Land.

Walk for months and
go forward one high step
when February reaches its end and
the revival of the witch is nearly at hand
and you shall have the Golden Land.
"

Silence. Everyone's just staring. Krauss's face is glowing red with rage and Natsuhi, like everyone else, looks absolutely confounded.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)21:27:41
>> No. 14152 edit
File 139475999231.png - (355.25KB , 640x480 , 133.png )
14152
"Genji!" says Krauss. "What is all of this?"

"As I said, it's a letter from the master of this island."

"The weird demon and goddess stuff is definitely dad," says Rudolf. "But I don't think that he'd say he's 'indebted' to us."

"I'm afraid that I am not allowed to say any more until the puzzle is solved," says Genji.

"Not allowed?" says Krauss. "By whose orders?"

"Are you sure this isn't your doing, Nii-san? I'd forgive you for forgetting. After all, you had a funeral to run and two guests to invite on an island. I know it must be hard to remember everything that you plan."

"You-- are you implying that I have something to do with this nonsense?"

"Why do I need to say anything?" Eva asks. "Ask Father to come downstairs. He should be able to clear everything up, right?"

"She has a point," says Rudolf. "Father would be able to tell us what this letter's about, right?"

"I assure you, he has no idea what this letter is about," Krauss responds.

"Then why did his most trusted servant bring it out?" Rosa asks. "I'd be more surprised to find out that demons exist than to find out that Genji-san did something behind his back. Let us talk to him directly. It would clear everything up."

The adults are in a frenzy. The children look uncomfortable. If you don't intercede, things could get even worse.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)19:06:06
>> No. 14153 edit
File 139476516096.jpg - (187.68KB , 640x480 , marbat.jpg )
14153
"Maybe we should go to Father's room ourselves," says Rudolf. "After all, it's normal for us to be worried about him. So what if we have to force ourselves in for his own well-being?"

"That's right," says Eva, smiling. She stands up dramatically. "We should head over there right away."

"You will do no such thing!" Natsuhi says. She jumps in front of Eva and puts her arm out. "The head does not wish to be disturbed!"

"Mom!" objects Jessica, but it deters nothing.

"Get out of my way," Eva says, baring her teeth as if she were about to bite. Natsuhi doesn't move.

"Now Eva," says Hideyoshi. "Maybe we shouldn't stir up all this trouble."

"Quiet!" Eva responds. "Move out of my way!"

"Ahh, it's useless. It's all useless!"

"Battler?" Rudolf says. The whole room looks to him.

"That's right," Battler says. "It's all useless. You've all been so busy arguing about that letter that you haven't even thought about it! If Grandfather did write it, shouldn't we be working together as a family? Shouldn't we at least try before jumping to accusations and tearing out each other's throats?"

"Uu! Grandfather didn't write the message, Beatrice did! She wants to give everyone another chance to find the Golden land! Uu!"

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)19:47:26
>> No. 14154 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14154
I quietly stand up and leave the room mumbling that I'm going to go the bathroom. I then walk down the hall.
>> No. 14155 edit
"Um, I hate to interrupt. But what is this 'golden land?'"
>> No. 14156 edit
File 139476560520.png - (440.01KB , 640x480 , mhal_1cn.png )
14156
You walk down the hall.
>> No. 14157 edit
File 139476613082.jpg - (190.58KB , 640x480 , dinnn.jpg )
14157
"Uuu! The golden land is Beatrice's domain. It can only be opened up on the witching hour and it has everything you could ever want! If you're respectful to Beatrice, you'll definitely get to go there."

Battler hits Maria on the head again. "I said stop that. My point is that we should at least try solving it. I'm sure that Genji-san didn't bring it out for no reason."

"I never said he didn't have a reason," responds Eva. "I said that 'reason' is 'diversion'."
>> No. 14158 edit
File 131795466316.png - (64.91KB , 347x480 , ozaki_itaia1.png )
14158
I fiddle with the grandfather clock a bit seeing if moving the hands and pendulum feels like it gets stuck or falls into place at some parts.

Regardless, I'll try moving all the hands to 12 and then to the 6, at the bottom.
Then move one to the 45 mark, ie moving it up a quarter. Followed by moving the other one up a quarter as well.

If nothing happens then I'll try to push the clock out of the way or lift it up to see if it is connected to anything.
>> No. 14159 edit
File 139476653770.jpg - (42.94KB , 640x360 , clock.jpg )
14159
When you move the hands to midnight, you hear a click. After that, nothing happens. You try moving the clock, but it doesn't budge. It seems to be connected to the wall.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)20:13:00
>> No. 14160 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14160
I move it to 12 again, and then to 15 this time. Seeing if it does anything.
>> No. 14161 edit
File 139476686021.jpg - (38.60KB , 512x285 , clock2.jpg )
14161
Nope.
>> No. 14162 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
14162
>>14161
I move it to 12 and take a look at the rest of the room to see if anything changes. If not then I'll try to push the hands in, or maybe the pendulum once it is at 12.
>> No. 14163 edit
File 139476725012.jpg - (25.45KB , 415x415 , clock3.jpg )
14163
Nothing happens after you hear the click.
>> No. 14164 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14164
I move it to 12, I then move a single hand to 6, being a quarter moon, and the the next hand also to 6. I try twice, one with both hands at same time, and another doing one at a time.

Or, assuming it means to just keep rotating for multiple moons, I reset over again and I try that as well.
>> No. 14165 edit
File 139476759533.png - (103.90KB , 500x281 , clock4.png )
14165
Nothing.
>> No. 14166 edit
File 131795466316.png - (64.91KB , 347x480 , ozaki_itaia1.png )
14166
I move them both to 12, push them back 3 hours or 3 minutes(either both of them or just one). Then I move one(or both) halfway across, ie 30 minutes.
Then go back two hours or minutes with either option.
>> No. 14167 edit
File 139476781645.png - (109.93KB , 500x274 , clock5.png )
14167
None of those do anything.
>> No. 14168 edit
File 13588144173.jpg - (43.87KB , 269x263 , 236244.jpg )
14168
Seeing how I probably didn't remember exactly what Genji said I head back to the dinning room and see if he is still there. I also check up on how everyone else is doing in the dining room.

"Hey Genji can I see the piece of paper. I think I'm getting the combination wrong or something, always hated riddles you know. Even if you 'solve it' one slip up and it doesn't count..." I whisper to Genji.
>> No. 14169 edit
File 139475999231.png - (355.25KB , 640x480 , dining4.png )
14169
Genji gives you the paper.

The adults are still fighting, only now Battler has joined in, trying to settle them down.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)20:44:18
>> No. 14170 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14170
>>14169
I head to the kitchen. Check to see who is there.
>> No. 14171 edit
Alright I tell the family to hold on and leave and head to the clock.

I set both hands to 12.
I move the minutes hand to the 3
I move the hour hand to the 1
I move the minutes hand to the 4
I move the hour hand to the 2 and then the minute to be 28.
>> No. 14172 edit
File 139266864168.png - (309.18KB , 640x480 , mkit_1cn.png )
14172
You enter the kitchen. Nobody is inside.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)20:49:16
>> No. 14173 edit
File 139476904750.jpg - (46.86KB , 500x281 , clock6.jpg )
14173
You hear a click when you set the hands to twelve, but nothing after.
>> No. 14174 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14174
I go back to the clock in the main hall.
>> No. 14175 edit
I set both hands to 12. The Witching Hour
I move the hour hand to the 9, The LOW hand back 3
I move the minutes hand to the 3, The quarter moon
I move the hour hand to 7, The LOW hand back 2
>> No. 14176 edit
File 139477060489.jpg - (6.16KB , 300x168 , clock7.jpg )
14176
You hear a click at 12:00, then another at your next combination.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)21:17:17
>> No. 14177 edit
File 131138569310.png - (134.63KB , 577x480 , amy_waraia1.png )
14177
I go and get the family from the dinning room and led them back to the main hall.

"Ushiromiya family I have solved the riddle given to you by the one who left behind this letter."

I confidently walk over to the clock. "The answer is focused around this clock. What Maria said about the witching hour got me thinking, that is when Beatrice would be around. So that's where we should start."

I replay the solution while explaining how it works. "Finally, we come to the next set, for this we move the minutes hand to 29 since that is the end of February plus one and then lastly when is the witching hour close at hand? That is when it is 11." I move the two hands to those spots.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)21:43:03
>> No. 14178 edit
File 139477345276.png - (323.09KB , 640x480 , sub_sta1a.png )
14178
You hear a final click. The right side of the clock becomes unhinged. When you open it, you reveal a downwards staircase.
>> No. 14179 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14179
I head down the stairs.
>> No. 14180 edit
File 139477531125.jpg - (163.11KB , 640x480 , goldroom.jpg )
14180
The family follows you down the stairs. When you reach the bottom, you walk for a few seconds down a small, dark hallway until you reach a door. You open the door, coming face to face with piles and piles of gold.

Eva pushes you to the side and darts in the room. "Is...is all of this real?"

Rudolf walk in next. "I want to bathe in it."

One by one, the entire family manages to fit themselves inside of the cramped room. The cousins are last.

You see Rosa break down crying. "Will this...will this be enough to satisfy everyone?"

"I wouldn't worry about satisfying everyone," says Kyrie. "With all that this gold has to be worth, everyone should be able to live in luxury until they die."

Whatever animosity existed among the family had vanished. They eagerly started talking about finances and how to split up the wealth.

"Hopefully this will please you old farts," Battler says. He seems relieved. Even George seems distracted from his stresses. Maria, however, just looks around this room with a confused gaze. Had this not been the Golden Land she had expected?

"I...I don't know how to thank the both of you," Krauss says to you and Amy. "Of course there will be a monetary reward, but I don't know if that's truly enough to express our gratitude. Thank you."
>> No. 14181 edit
File 139477624313.jpg - (157.33KB , 640x480 , gold2.jpg )
14181
From the hallway, the three servants walk in the room. Gohda marvels at the gold in the room, but Kumasawa and Genji make their way around everyone into a corner of the room. They pick up some pages on a small table.

"Ohohoho, I know this must be an exciting time for everyone, but if you would allow us to speak."

The family looks in their direction with confused expressions.

"I will now read the Masters' will," says Genji. "Both Masters. Kinzo-sama and the Golden Witch, Beatrice."

"Father's will?" asks Eva. It was as if she forgot that she accused him of being dead just minutes prior. "What are you talking about?"

"Kinzo-sama's will named Shannon-sama as the sole inheritor of his wealth and gold after she solved the riddle of the epitaph. Shannon-sama made a will as well. She declared that when she passed, all would go to the eldest living Ushiromiya grandchild. In this case, that means George-sama. He will aquire the Ushiromiya headship, Rokkenjima, all of Kinzo-sama's wealth, the gold, and the title of Beatrice."

Predictably, the family flips the fuck out.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)22:52:22
>> No. 14182 edit
File 137929069475.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_80.png )
14182
>>14181
Before anything else progresses I'll examine the layout of the room and everything in it.
>> No. 14183 edit
File 13947772069.jpg - (7.15KB , 329x153 , gold.jpg )
14183
Most of the room is just piles of delicious gold, but there a few places where this isn't true. The wall nearest to the door hosts a nice couch, the top left corner has had a table with some papers on it, and in the top right corner, behind a pile of gold, are four Winchester rifles.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)23:06:46
>> No. 14184 edit
"It appears you are now the head of the family George. Congratulations."
>> No. 14185 edit
File 139477804519.png - (382.41KB , 640x480 , sub_r1a.png )
14185
The family fights, of course. Even Eva, who's first instinct is to defend George, doesn't know where to begin. Kinzo is dead? He left all the gold to a servant? Sour questions hung in the air.

Genji, unfazed by the fighting, calmly reads from the wills. Nobody pays much attention to him, but he carries on robotically. Kumasawa stands loyally next to him.

A mixture of different negative emotions flood George's face. You wishing him congratulations is the last straw. He runs away and up the stairs.

"Hey, George!" Battler runs after him. Jessica follows.

Last edited at 14/03/13(Thu)23:25:32
>> No. 14186 edit
I follow closely behind them.
>> No. 14187 edit
File 139477909143.png - (1.07MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_3.png )
14187
>>14185
I casually bury the guns under the gold while everyone is distracted. Removing the ammo if possible without noise and taking it with me.

After I guess I go over to Kumasawa. "Hey, not to be rude or anything, but do you know where Amy and I will be sleeping? I'm not really interested in the family's affair after all."
>> No. 14268 edit
File 139562117654.png - (349.59KB , 640x480 , scr_2.png )
14268
You follow closely behind the cousins. Battler calls out to George, but he doesn't stop until he reaches the top of the stairs and dashes into the main hall.

You follow the group out of the secret door. George has fallen to his knees and started panting.

"George..." Jessica starts to approach him, but George waves her away.

"Is this supposed to make things better?" he asks. "You die, but it's all fine because I get gold and wealth? To hell with that!"
>> No. 14269 edit
File 139562142568.png - (398.83KB , 640x480 , scr_3.png )
14269
Most of the adults are shooting questions at Genji, so Kumasawa has the oppurtunity to tell you where you'll be sleeping. Your room is on the east wing of the second floor, last room on the left.

Last edited at 14/03/24(Mon)21:29:21
>> No. 14271 edit
"George, I know it is hard to think about right now. But you need to look beyond the sadness, you have to think about the future. If we don't... then we'll only draw up sadness. And the people who care about us wouldn't want that."
>> No. 14297 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14297
>>14269
Before leaving I'll see if the parents have decided on anything important, or anything of interest is being said.

If not then I'll head to the second floor and give it a survey in order to examine the layout and the number of rooms on the floor.
>> No. 14298 edit
File 139563991468.png - (346.29KB , 640x480 , scr_9.png )
14298
"I'm sorry," George says. "I think that I need to be alone at the moment. I have a lot to think about."

Jessica looks at him sadly. "George, you can talk to us."

He smiles softly. "I know. I just need time to myself right now, okay?"

"We'll be here if you need us," says Battler.

George hurries down a hallway.

"Geez," says Battler. "Is the family conference this eventful every year? I should have come back sooner."

"No, this is all a first..."

Last edited at 14/03/24(Mon)00:30:02
>> No. 14299 edit
File 139564040991.png - (606.91KB , 640x480 , scr_10.png )
14299
When Genji refuses to answer further questions, the family continues quibbling.

"If these are really Father's wishes, then shouldn't we respect them, Nii-san? Or is this why you've been hiding his death from us for all this time?"

Krauss scowls. "In any case, we'll have to consult a lawyer. Father may not have been in the correct state of mind, even if he did write this. "

"You can consult your people and I'll consult mine," says Eva. "The point is that you clearly know more about this than you're letting on. Do you think that we're going to just let you get away with hiding our father's death from us?"

"How dare you!" says Natsuhi.

Natsuhi and Eva start fighting about children and family and whatnot while their husbands try to calm them. The rest of the family looks as if they're in thought.

Last edited at 14/03/24(Mon)03:06:32
>> No. 14300 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
14300
>>14299
I head to the second floor and survey it assuming nobody stops me on the way there.
>> No. 14303 edit
"One would hope every conference isn't this busy. Buildings getting destroyed, people showing up, gold getting found. It would really make for a crazy lifestyle."

I'll excuse myself from the cousins and head to the servant room.
>> No. 14304 edit
File 139568957592.png - (397.33KB , 640x480 , scr_13.png )
14304
You walk up the stairs to the secret entrance. As you enter the main hall, you see Battler and Jessica.

"Oi, Ozaki-kun," says Jessica. "Battler and I had the idea to play cards. I think everyone could use a stress reliever after all that's happened. Wanna join?"

Last edited at 14/03/24(Mon)12:34:05
>> No. 14305 edit
File 139569011484.png - (572.07KB , 640x480 , scr_14.png )
14305
The cousins don't object. As you leave, they start a discussion about what they should do.

After some wandering around, you find yourself in what appears to be the servant's room.
>> No. 14313 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14313
>>14304
"Ah well I wanted to check out my room first. Tell me where you plan to play and maybe after I'll show up for a few rounds."

I would then continue examining the second floor assuming they don't say anything else to stop me.
>> No. 14321 edit
After finishing my adventure in the servants room. I head back to the secret room with the gold.
>> No. 14323 edit
File 13957841327.jpg - (65.51KB , 993x392 , secondfloor.jpg )
14323
Jessica tells you that they'll be in her room. If you go up the stairs and take a left, it should be the last door on your right.

You walk up the stairs to the second floor. The layout is as follows, with the '???' being locked doors.
>> No. 14324 edit
File 139578725293.png - (280.87KB , 640x480 , scr_19.png )
14324
You walk back down the stairs to the gold room. When you're halfway down, you hear a large group of footsteps coming up.

"Hey," says Rudolf. "We're all done in there for now. We just have adult stuff to deal with. Why don't you go play with the cousins?"

It seems that they aren't going to let you down.
>> No. 14326 edit
"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. You see I have something of vital importance to discuss with all of the adults of the Ushiromiya family. This is why I've headed back to this room, where you were last were. So let's head down, as I said it is of VITAL importance. It can't wait, so let's go down. If the location is what is a problem we can all gather in another one. But as I said it is an immediate matter."
>> No. 14327 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14327
>>14323
I take a look at the guestrooms to remember the layout. After I guess I'll go see what the cousins are talking about.
>> No. 14329 edit
File 139578879578.png - (422.12KB , 640x480 , scr_21.png )
14329
"Huh? Is it really something that important? Well, they should be coming up pretty soon any--"

Before Rudolf can even finish his sentence, the other adults walk up the staircase as well. Nobody seems to be missing besides Battler, George, Jessica, and Ozaki.

"What is everyone doing?" asks Natsuhi.

Last edited at 14/03/25(Tue)16:09:54
>> No. 14330 edit
"I'm sorry to bring this up, after all that has happened today, but it simply must be done. For you see I have respect for the dead and as such I like to ease their burdens and understand them."

I say this to Natsuhi and the others. "If you don't mind I would like to ask some questions about the deceased Shannon. Because I want to find out who killed her."
>> No. 14331 edit
File 139579076183.png - (316.87KB , 640x480 , scr_22.png )
14331
Both guest rooms seem similar in that they look like two parts of a recently renovated study. In your room, there's a thin wall to your left and a half of a wall blocks a horizontal section of the room. Behind that is a twin bed.

You don't find much else of interest, so you walk down Jessica's room. You can hear some voices inside.

"Kanon-kun quit recently too, didn't he?"

"...Yeah, he did. Exactly when Shannon died. He never even said goodbye or anything. He just handed in a resignation letter and I never saw him again."

"Ehhh, wait! Were you and Kanon-kun..."

"Huh? Oh, no! We weren't dating or anything like that."

"But you loved him?"

"I don't think so? Ha, I don't even know what the hell love is. Until tonight, I was at least sure that my family loved me and I loved them. That's how it's supposed to be, right? But those assholes hid Grandfather's death completely! Who the hell does that to their dad?"

"Is it really that hard to believe? From what I've heard, Grandfather was never such a loving person to begin with, right?"

"He...wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be. When I was little, I wanted to learn how to play the guitar more than anything. I asked mom and dad every Christmas and birthday for one, but she thought that it wasn't proper for a 'lady'. Still, I thought, if she knew how badly I wanted it, she had to give in. Birthdays and Christmases came, and no guitar. One birthday, I was so angry that I took the make-up kit that my mom bought and flushed it down the toilet. They grounded weeks and locked me in this room. I must have been crying really loudly, because Grandfather came in asked what was wrong. When I told him, he just sat there for a few moments.

I thought he was mad and that he was going to yell at me too, but he just said 'Natsuhi's right. It isn't proper for a young lady to play a guitar.' Then he left the room."

"Yeeeah, he sounds swell."

"I'm not finished! He came back about ten minutes later with a package in his hand. He made me look him in the eyes and he whispered, 'If I always did the proper thing expected of me, where would I be?' and laughed like some kind of mad man. I opened the package and a guitar was inside. I'm pretty sure he was going through some kind of punk phase at the time, but it made me happy. Actually..."

There's a pause. Her voice sounds choked up. "Here it is! I still keep it as a memento. I guess now it's all I'll be able to remember him by."


***

"Pffft," Bernkastel scoffs. "Kinzo did something like that? You should lend me a pair of those Rose-tinted glasses, Ange. It must be a fun way to see the world. Why would someone who regularly insists that women are lesser creatures do something like that?"

"When did Grandfather do anything like that?" I ask. "Those weren't my games. This is. Unless you claim to have better knowledge of my family than I do, quiet down."

***

The voices in the room stop and you just hear a gentle sobbing.
>> No. 14332 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14332
>>14331
I figure I probably shouldn't interrupt them at the moment so I go explore the third floor for now.
>> No. 14333 edit
File 139579121448.png - (366.71KB , 640x480 , scr_24.png )
14333
"What?!" Gohda nearly jumps. "Someone k-killed Shannon-san?"

"What in the world are you talking about?" Eva asked. She and everyone else looks suddenly flustered.

Natsuhi looks like she's fuming. "Young lady, if this is some kind of sick joke, we have no time for it!"
>> No. 14334 edit
"Maybe I should have chosen my words a little better. When I say killed, I don't mean that they actually 'murdered her.' That was not my direct intention. I mean to say what drove her to suicide. And saying the person who killed her, I mean the person who caused her to want to kill herself. I want to understand why Shannon killed herself. I believe the deceased would want someone to understand her."
>> No. 14335 edit
File 139579510939.png - (513.02KB , 640x480 , scr_25.png )
14335
You walk up to the third floor. It's small and the only room appears to be locked. You don't hear any sounds from inside.
>> No. 14336 edit
File 139579588673.png - (362.54KB , 640x480 , scr_26.png )
14336
"Why are we listening to this?" Eva asks.

"Amy-san," Natsuhi says. "You are a guest here. I know you've been through an ordeal, but I won't allow you to desecrate the name of our family."

Rudolf tries to be amiable. "Maybe you need some rest, kid. She's probably just not thinking straight. Don't everybody gang up on her at once."

"She's insinuating that one of us made Shannon kill herself!" Rosa says, covering Maria's ears.

"I know, I know." Rudolf whispers. "I'm just saying, she's clearly not right in the head. Come on, there's no need to attack her."

Natsuhi looks back at him. "I understand, but Amy-san needs to know her place as a guest. Right, dear?"

Krauss sighs. "Gohda-san, please bring Amy to her room to sleep. Give her anything she requires."

"Y-yes sir," Gohda takes you by the hand and starts leading you up the stairs.

Last edited at 14/03/25(Tue)18:05:00
>> No. 14338 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
14338
>>14335
I guess I head back down and see if Jessica and Battler have resumed talking again. ie stopped crying. If so I'll knock on the door after listening to any conversation I might hear.
>> No. 14339 edit
I'll allow Gohda to escort me up the stairs, but at the top I'll stop and say.

"Very well, I'll accept your fury and your scorn, and I'll go to my room like a good girl. But I will say that I found 'it.'"

I'll then exit the stairway.

Last edited at 14/03/25(Tue)18:14:24
>> No. 14341 edit
File 139579821338.png - (535.83KB , 640x480 , scr_27.png )
14341
You walk back to Jessica's room. You hear some soft talking, so you knock on the door.

Jessica shouts, "Come in!"

You walk in the room.

"Hey, Ozaki." Battler says. He gives you a polite smile. "You ready to play?"
>> No. 14342 edit
File 13957984212.png - (443.62KB , 640x480 , scr_28.png )
14342
You hear the family mumble behind you, but you can't make out what they're saying.

Gohda leads you up to your room on the second floor. It's the second to last room to left on the east hall.

"If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask," Gohda says before walking off.
>> No. 14343 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14343
>>14341
"Sure, what games do you have in mind?"

I take a look around the room for anything of interest.
>> No. 14344 edit
"Gohda wait!" I call out to him. "If you would, I would like to go to the chapel. I want to pay my respects to Shannon. Even if I didn't know her, all life is precious. Don't you agree?"
>> No. 14345 edit
File 139579949999.png - (419.27KB , 640x480 , scr_29.png )
14345
You don't see anything of real interest around Jessica's room.

"I lost my cards," said Jessica. "So Battler and I thought it would be fun to play 'Truth or dare'! Your turn first, Ozaki-kun. Truth or dare?"
>> No. 14346 edit
File 139579971724.png - (448.93KB , 640x480 , scr_30.png )
14346
"That's...I'm not sure if madame would approve..."
>> No. 14347 edit
File 139579984935.png - (440.46KB , 482x525 , ozaki_43.png )
14347
>>14345
"Oh boy, this is making me feel nostalgic. Well then, I'll say 'truth' first then."
>> No. 14348 edit
"She would get upset at someone paying respects for the dead?"
>> No. 14349 edit
File 139580155132.png - (536.27KB , 640x480 , scr_31.png )
14349
"What's the most embarrassing way you've ever screwed up?" Battler asks.
>> No. 14350 edit
File 139580191298.png - (449.58KB , 640x480 , scr_32.png )
14350
"Of course not! It's just that you're supposed to be going to sleep..."
>> No. 14351 edit
"If that is the case then she would't mind me staying up a few more minutes to pay my respects for the dead. Once we go the chapel I'll be a good girl and go to bed. I couldn't possibly sleep before paying my respects to the dead, Shannon and my family and pray for them in the chapel."
>> No. 14352 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
14352
>>14349
"Most embarrassing eh? That's a hard one, just because I tend to forget about those. I guess the one that sticks out is that I once forgot to convert the distance I run from kilometers to miles one time and when it came time to practice it looked like I had just been lying.
>> No. 14353 edit
File 13958033485.png - (417.37KB , 640x480 , scr_33.png )
14353
"Ahh, is that right?" Jessica asks, sounding rather unimpressed. "Well, it's your turn. Ask one of us."
>> No. 14354 edit
File 137739829475.png - (475.09KB , 730x661 , ozaki_89b.png )
14354
>>14353
"Like I said, literally cannot remember moments like that. I probably just don't get embarrassed easily.

If you want something more exciting then how about this? Battler, how far have you gone with a women?"
>> No. 14355 edit
File 139580364081.png - (529.71KB , 640x480 , scr_34.png )
14355
"Well...I suppose it wouldn't hurt. If you would follow me."

Gohda leads you down the stairs. He grabs an umbrella and leads you through the rain and inside the chapel. He flicks on a light for you. The chapel has a broken window on the right side of the wall. Glass and water is spread around the area under it.

"If you need anything, I'll be right outside." He then steps out of the door.
>> No. 14356 edit
File 13958047826.png - (633.10KB , 640x480 , scr_35.png )
14356
"Eh? Gross!" says Jessica.

"Ihihihihi, you didn't ask truth or dare. Oh well." Battler proudly holds up the number three with his fingers. "[Third Base]!"

"Must've been a busy six years," Jessica says. "Who are you even with, anyways?"

"Oh, you know, people here, people there." Battler grins. "Anyways, Jessica, truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to...make out with your mirror!"

"What?"

"Come on, it's a dare! Don't tell me you've never wanted to make out with yourself. Everyone has."

Jessica blushes and approaches her mirror. She softly places her lips on the glass and moves them awkwardly. The mirror fogs up quickly.

The door opens. George stands there. "Uh?"
>> No. 14357 edit
File 137755535088.png - (477.54KB , 618x722 , ozaki_35.png )
14357
>>14356
"Its OK George, its not what it looks like. We definitely were not playing true or dare. Jessica just announced her new found talent at licking mirrors clean. Battler and I are the judges. Come, feel free to grab a seat and spectate," I say with a completely serious face.
>> No. 14358 edit
"Gohda, if you don't mind me asking just how did Shannon kill herself?"
>> No. 14359 edit
File 139580571070.png - (471.82KB , 640x480 , scr_36.png )
14359
George lets himself chuckle. "If you say so."

As soon as he sits down, another person stands in the doorway.

"Hey, brats," says Rudolf. "Oh, Ozaki-kun, you're here too, huh? Your friend was stomping up a storm earlier, saying..."

His eyes dart to the cousins and back. "Well, she was saying some pretty wild stuff. Anything we should know about her?"

Last edited at 14/03/25(Tue)20:50:01
>> No. 14360 edit
File 137740654161.png - (517.23KB , 522x707 , ozaki_62.png )
14360
>>14359
"Amy was? Well to be honest I haven't seen her for many years. We were just part of a sort of club like group back then and didn't really talk to each other much either. She liked to mess with my Mexican friend but otherwise I can't remember much. What was she saying anyway?"
>> No. 14361 edit
I leave the chapel and then smack Gohda upside the head I mean ask him my question.

Last edited at 14/03/25(Tue)22:13:13
>> No. 14363 edit
File 139581223870.png - (200.33KB , 640x480 , scr_38.png )
14363
"That was such an awful day," Gohda says. "I heard the news from Krauss-sama soon after it happened. I had just baked a delicious batch of brownies and I was in such high spirits. Then, he gathered us up and informed us that Shannon-san died of an overdose of sleeping pills. Now, I wonder... if she really did call herself Beatrice, was she trying to follow the last line of that epitaph? 'Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.'"

Gohda shudders. "It gives me goosebumps just to think about. Why are you so interested?"
>> No. 14365 edit
File 139581253857.png - (532.13KB , 640x480 , scr_39.png )
14365
"I'll tell you about it later. Actually, I came here to talk to my son."

"What's up, old man?" Battler asks.

"Not here," Rudolf responds. "In private. It's important and I don't want anyone else hearing about it yet."

Battler's demeanor turns from lighthearted to weary. He leaves the room with Rudolf.

"I wonder what that was about," Jessica says when they're gone.

Second Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/14367.html
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason