[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 137706878679.jpg - (12.84KB , 235x214 , zepandfur.jpg )
12655 No. 12655 edit
'Messy pacing.'

'Distracting grammatical elements.'

'Too many characters.'


The Witch of Certainty, Labdadelta, glanced disinterestedly around the sheets of papers floating around her. Even though the work was best suited for a desk jockey, she had been assigned to organize and respond to complaints sent about the Golden Witch's last game.

Most witches considered Beatrice's tale a high success. To them, it was one of the most pleasant ways to alleviate their constant and aching boredom. Some had even duplicated the game board to the best of their abilities to instill all kinds of horrors on Battler's poor family. Still, a few witches wouldn't be pleased no matter what. They attacked the story's poor characterization of some of Rokkenjima's adults, the unbearably slow beginning, and its unwillingness to reveal direct answers with the audience that spent so many hours trying to solve it.

In response, Lamda had taken to stamping a stock reply and shipping the message back to its sender. The message featured an apology for their unsatisfactory experience and offered a coupon. More and more messages gathered around her still.

The young witch sighed and leaned back, hovering just a few inches above the ground. She knew this job was given to her because of her intimate knowledge of the situation, but it wasn't fair! She couldn't even find Battler to try to push the work on him. The last she heard, the Golden Sorcerer was creating some kind of game for his sister. Lambda had even lost track of Bern in the infinite kakeras.

What could she be doing right now? She probably found something to preoccupy herself with. Lambda could follow Bernkastel around different fragments for centuries without getting the least bit bored. But, as time went on, it seemed like Bern was truly getting tired of the chase. Even Lambda's most creative attempts at soy sauce-related torture barely earned a reaction. Lambda couldn't help but wonder, did her own attempts to capture Bern come across the same way as the endless amount of complaints and annoyances around her?

She let the thought sink in her mind for a bit. Before she knew it, small tears started to swell in the corners of her eyes. Lambda brushed them off quickly with her pink-laced sleeves. A small splotch appeared on her otherwise pristine clothing. What was she doing? She was the Witch of Certainty! She had no business feeling uncertain.

All she had to do was fill out this paperwork.

This monotonous, repetitive paperwork.

Except, observed Lambda, perhaps that one.

Indeed, a small envelope caught the witch's attention. It was the same size and shape as all the others, but decorated with black lace around the edges and a platter of red starting in the center and growing smaller towards the top right corner. Lambdadelta grabbed the letter in a single, swift motion.

Her heart was actually beating slightly faster. Would this be something new or would it just be another question about Genji's dark and mysterious back-story? Another oh-so-witty retort about the size of George's gut? Something drove Lambda's fingers towards the envelope's slit, something that told her it was something more.

As the paper came out, the first thing Lambda noticed was that the page was unsigned. The letter wore a strange kind of cursive Lambda could hardly read, but she managed with some effort. She read the entire letter once. Then again. Then a third time, savoring each word and the sentence it connected itself to.

“I see, so you had a problem with that, Author-kun. I wonder, could this be you, Bern? ” Lambda let go of the letter, letting it drift in front of her. She grinned. “In any case, as the official spokesperson of Beatrice the Golden, it's my sole responsibility to do my job correctly and give a proper response. No, I'll do better. I'll fix the story myself!”

Lambda looked around her room as if expecting some kind of applause or recognition. Even when she did not receive any, her spirits didn't seem to damper. Battler could write his tale of brotherly spirit if he felt like it, she'd be the one creating the true masterpiece. There was the matter of choosing a detective, of course. Not that it really mattered. The only goal the detective would serve was being crushed under the weight of Labdadelta's shoe. She chose someone at random. It turned out to be someone named 'Ozaki'. She barely registered the name before she picked up her quill and began writing, finding the backs of a thousand witch's complaints to be a suitable canvas.

Rules: This game uses Knox.

There will be a single detective, Ozaki. Ozaki is granted the ability of Detective's Authority. The detective has free agency in the game to make actions and ask questions. In this game, 'Detective's Authority' means that nobody may refuse to answer your questions unless physically unable to do so. It also means that you have the right to investigate crime scenes. Beyond that, nobody has to listen to you.

Ozaki may name the culprit whenever he wishes. If he is incorrect, he will suffer a quite major repercussion. If he is correct, the game will end and he will be the victor. If he guesses the culprit correctly but misidentifies the motive, the culprit’s true motive will never be revealed (until I eventually decide to reveal it anyway). Once the game ends organically, the rules related to guessing the culprit and motives are void and there will be no penalties for wrong guesses. (Ozaki must make it clear he is making an official proclamation. To clarify, he can accuse people in game however much he likes. Of course, there may be repercussions for doing that as well.)

The detective may not use the word 'chunky', because I don't particularly care for the word.

That said, I hope for a fun game.


“Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,
always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres.”

(The Apostleship of Paul, Corinthians)


Last edited at 13/08/21(Wed)03:51:31
Expand all images
>> No. 12656 edit
File 137704464363.jpg - (10.12KB , 181x278 , dlanor.jpg )
12656
This post will act as my official challenge against Ozaki. The game itself won't be starting for a bit, but I thought I'd go ahead and post this, partly to keep myself motivated.
>> No. 12657 edit
File 131820517176.jpg - (225.02KB , 500x727 , 356073.jpg )
12657
>>12656
Very well I accept. Like every other RP game I have played in I plan to bet more than just honor and you will do the same. But I will leave that until the game is complete. I look forward to this.
>> No. 12678 edit
File 137737250315.jpg - (66.13KB , 640x480 , 1377372160.jpg )
12678
The world comes into focus, you're sitting with your back against the wall of a boat. The engine roars beneath you and you can see water breaking through the metal railing. A suitcase leans against your leg.

It appears that you were sleeping. How could you? There's so much to be done!

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)12:29:04
>> No. 12679 edit
File 137739169940.png - (427.10KB , 505x532 , ozaki_4.png )
12679
I survey the area for any other people. I also check my attire and my person for any items. Perhaps a watch?

I then attempt to recall what I am doing here, followed by attempting to open the briefcase.

>> No. 12680 edit
File 137739230892.jpg - (86.47KB , 640x480 , 1377392157.jpg )
12680
On your person is a pocket-watch, a medical jacket, and a packet of hard candy.

You search the top of the ship. The scene is quiet and without a single person. When you open to the door to the Captain's Quarters, however, you see a middle-aged man sitting inside.

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)18:02:36
>> No. 12682 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12682
>>12680
Before talking to the man I check the briefcase.
>> No. 12683 edit
File 137739328780.jpg - (543.97KB , 1200x1600 , suitcase.jpg )
12683
You, somehow thinking your suitcase is a briefcase, open it. Baka Ozaki. Inside, you find a collection of clothes and travel equipment along with a letter from Dr. Nanjo. The other other noticeable thing is a check for a large amount of money.
>> No. 12684 edit
File 137739341159.png - (392.84KB , 515x632 , ozaki_60.png )
12684
>>12683
I check the details of the check, continuing to attempt to remember why I am here.
>> No. 12685 edit
File 137739384320.jpg - (89.19KB , 640x480 , nanjo.jpg )
12685
The check was made out by Krauss Ushiromiya for 200,000 yen.

You think back. Your head feels fuzzy, but you vaguely remember receiving a letter from your mentor, Terumasa Nanjo. He asked you to fill in for him during the 1985 Ushiromiya conference. Because of the delicate nature of the situation, the Ushiromiya family has offered you a great amount of cash with promises of more to come once you complete your duties.

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)18:27:52
>> No. 12686 edit
File 137739412547.png - (841.15KB , 757x768 , ozaki_75.png )
12686
>>12685
Judging from how much I remember I'll go ask the boat driver how much longer does he think it will take to reach our destination.

I'll also check my watch for the time.

>> No. 12687 edit
File 137739446210.jpg - (47.28KB , 259x194 , pocketwatch.jpg )
12687
"Oh, hey Ozaki. I saw you taking a nap out back. Couldn't sleep much last night? Don't blame you. We should be pulling up by noon."

Your watch shows the time 11:41.
>> No. 12688 edit
File 137739459434.png - (596.61KB , 824x768 , ozaki_93.png )
12688
>>12687
"Hmm? Last night? What do you mean?"

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)18:36:59
>> No. 12689 edit
File 137739487251.jpg - (86.92KB , 640x480 , 1377394657.jpg )
12689
"Heh! Imagine you'd be all kinds of nervous. Not many people get a chance to stay on Rokkenjima, and what a huge task." The captain gives a large, pompous laugh. "Then again, after what you told me about your last case, I bet you're glad for any opportunity to work again."
>> No. 12690 edit
File 137739506911.png - (802.53KB , 1080x768 , ozaki_94.png )
12690
>>12689
"You can say that again, although I think I may still be a bit groggy. Care to remind me what I told you?"
>> No. 12691 edit
File 137739543094.jpg - (87.02KB , 640x480 , 1377395397.jpg )
12691
"Ah, sorry. I bet it was a huge surprise when it was your wife on the operating table. You said she was bitten or something, I think. It must have been pretty awful when you couldn't save her, huh? I would have done the same thing, y'know. An overdose of medicine, quick and easy. Good thing nobody could ever prove it!" The captain laughs again. "Well, I guess that's just life, eh?"
>> No. 12692 edit
File 137739567671.png - (176.38KB , 284x401 , ozaki_95b.png )
12692
>>12691
To think I told a stranger that much...

"I guess so... Anyway, I don't know too much about the family other than my job description. I don't suppose you can give me a run down of the people to expect there? It would probably make it easier."
>> No. 12693 edit
File 137739230892.jpg - (86.47KB , 640x480 , 1377392157.jpg )
12693
The captain tells you everything he knows.

Krauss and Natsuhi live on the island with their daughter, Jessica. Different servants occasionally work on the island, but Kawabata isn't sure who's on duty at the moment.

After that, he tells you who he's supposed to pick up after he drops you off.

There's Rudolf and his wife, Kyrie, as well as their daughter Ange. Rudolf's son Battler used to visit the island, but he hasn't been there in years.

Next is Eva and her husband, Hideyoshi. They have a tubby son named George, the captain says while gesturing to his own gut.

Then there's Rosa and her daughter, Maria. Personally, Maria always creeped the captain out.

Kawabata gives you physical descriptions of everyone he mentioned.
>> No. 12694 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12694
>>12693
"I see. You have a good memory. Lets test it again shall we? Do you remember what I told you about my reason being here?"

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)19:08:51
>> No. 12695 edit
File 137739543094.jpg - (87.02KB , 640x480 , 1377395397.jpg )
12695
"Ah, didn't you tell me you were filling in for Doctor Nanjo? He left the island in a hurry a few days back. I wonder what was bugging him. Oh well."
>> No. 12696 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12696
>>12695
"It is odd. To be honest I dont know what exactly Dr. Nanjo did on the island besides the fact it was as a practitioner. His note was rather vague in fact. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
>> No. 12697 edit
File 137739741651.jpg - (163.42KB , 640x480 , kinzo.jpg )
12697
"Don't be spreading this around, all right? Last I heard, the head of the island's been sick for a while. I haven't even seem him myself for a couple years, so I forgot about him when you asked me who you'd be seeing. Kinzo Ushiromiya, what a ferocious guy."
>> No. 12698 edit
File 137739767594.png - (1.12MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_26.png )
12698
>>12697
"I see..."

I then wait until we reach the island, assuming the man doesn't bring anything else up.
>> No. 12699 edit
File 137739799885.jpg - (103.50KB , 640x480 , 1377397972.jpg )
12699
"Wait, wait, wait!"

You hear a childish voice ring throughout the room. The captain doesn't seem to notice. In fact, he doesn't seem to be doing anything, including moving. You don't hear a sound.

You blink once and everything changes. You don't recognize the location.

A small child stands in the room. "Sorry about that, I guess I got a bit too excited. I didn't even introduce myself. I'm your cute game master, the witch of certainty, the one and only Lambdadelta!"


Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)19:33:47
>> No. 12700 edit
File 137739829475.png - (475.09KB , 730x661 , ozaki_89b.png )
12700
>>12699
"No worries, you let me finish my business before your introduction after all. Are their any specific rules to this game I should know of? Or did you wish only to grace me with your presence?"

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)19:39:02
>> No. 12701 edit
File 137739874748.jpg - (104.10KB , 640x480 , 1377398718.jpg )
12701
"Rules? Huh, I guess I should make some of those. Geez! Well, you already know that everything I say in red is truth. For example, Redemption is the best game. Other than that, you should know that you have detective's authority. Of course, with that comes a setback: you can die. If you die, the game ends with your loss. You can talk to me whenever you want. It's a little vague about how the mechanics of these worlds work, but as long as you indicate that you're willing it then you shouldn't have an issue.

If you want my advice, don't go playing detective. It'll suck if you get killed. I'm finishing this game for someone special and I don't want you to mess it up. Understand?"

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)19:47:33
>> No. 12702 edit
File 137739922746.png - (1.05MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_5.png )
12702
>>12701
"Well disregarding the red, how about blue? Assuming you dont really want me to play detective I guess I won't get any of that eh?

Of course I can just wait until the end and then ask you to confirm or deny my theory in red outside of the game. Then it works fine for both of us."

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)19:54:16
>> No. 12703 edit
File 137739957584.jpg - (103.58KB , 640x480 , 1377399533.jpg )
12703
"So you plan on doing this thing after all, huh? Whatever. Take some blue. I'm not obligated to respond just because you say so, so don't get any ideas."
>> No. 12704 edit
File 137739983994.png - (245.24KB , 381x411 , ozaki_53.png )
12704
>>12703
"Not offical eh? So no better then just yelling my theories out in the open. Whatever, I am sure it will work itself out in the end.

Is there anything else before we continue?"
>> No. 12705 edit
File 137740022994.jpg - (90.88KB , 640x480 , 1377400162.jpg )
12705
"Only this: I reserve the right to remove, change, and and add rules immediately following your notification. Any complaints can be taken up with the bottom of my shoe. Good luck!"

The world around you fades and the interior of the ship comes back into view. Somehow, it seems like the next few minutes speed by. The ship docks on Rokkenjima. As you step of the ship, suitcase in hand, you notice an old, male servant standing a few yards away.

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)20:11:00
>> No. 12706 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12706
>>12705
"Hello there, who might you be?"
>> No. 12707 edit
File 13774006413.jpg - (90.69KB , 640x480 , 1377400595.jpg )
12707
"Welcome to Rokkenjima. I am Genji, servant of my master. If you'll allow me, I will lead you to the Rokkenjima mansion."

Genji gives a nod to the boat captain who takes preparations to take off again.
>> No. 12708 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12708
>>12707
"Very well then."

I follow the servant while I look around at my surroundings.
>> No. 12709 edit
File 137740126590.jpg - (123.17KB , 640x480 , 1377401016.jpg )
12709
Genji leads you up a winding path. The path would be much quicker to traverse if it were more straightforward. As you walk you get your first glimpse of the Rokkenjima mansion. The aura it gives off makes it seem alive, somehow, almost human in its presence.

As you walk into the rose garden, shadowy figures appear far behind you. Neither you nor Genji notice their presence.

"I don't like the looks of this game," the man says.

"That devious child will do everything she can to win, even if that means ripping the entire game board apart. I'm afraid this detective may be under the impression that this is truly just another game board."

"Would knowing make him fight harder?"

"...No, I think not," says the woman. "It appears that we must remain observers in this tale."

Ahead, you and Genji continue through the rose garden.

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)20:28:41
>> No. 12710 edit
File 137740234171.jpg - (61.11KB , 640x480 , 1377402295.jpg )
12710
Genji leads you through the large doors of the main mansion.

"Wait here, please."

He disappears up some stairs.
>> No. 12711 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12711
>>12710
I take a look around the area for anything notable.
>> No. 12712 edit
File 137740234171.jpg - (61.11KB , 640x480 , 1377402295.jpg )
12712
You see a portrait of a beautiful, blonde woman and an epitaph in front of it. Besides that, you only see a bunch of doors. You listen for noises but hear none.
>> No. 12713 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12713
>>12712
I guess I'll take a gander at the epitaph and portait.
>> No. 12714 edit
File 129730335192.png - (197.91KB , 320x480 , 2n9kz6u.png )
12714
Behold the sweetfish river running through my beloved hometown.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream in search of the key
As you travel down it, you will see a village.
In that village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

The one who obtains the key must then travel to the Golden Land in accordance with these rules
On the first twilight, offer the six chosen by the key as sacrifices.
On the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
On the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my noble name.
On the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
On the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
On the sixth twilight, gouge the belly and kill.
On the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
On the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.
On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end, and you shall reach the capital where the gold dwells

The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.
One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead.
One shall be, even the resurrection of the lost love.
One shall be, to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.

>> No. 12715 edit
File 137740301056.png - (902.80KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_18.png )
12715
>>12714
I check the main door and the type of locking mechanism on it. The windows too assuming there are any that open in the area I am. I then suvey the area I am in again seeing if Genji has returned or anything else worth checking out.
>> No. 12716 edit
File 137740401796.jpg - (94.73KB , 640x480 , 1377403638.jpg )
12716
From the best of your knowledge, the main door seems to use a deadbolt lock. The windows all have simple latches on them. As you're using your PhD to identify simple locks, you hear three sets of steps coming down the stairway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2_MmWpu2PE

Two people you remember described as Krauss and Natsuhi come back with Genji behind them. Krauss approaches you. "Okazi, was it? Welcome to Rokkenjima. My name is Krauss Ushiromiya and this is my wife, Natsuhi. I apologize that we did not get to speak to you in person sooner. It was such short notice."

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)21:14:11
>> No. 12717 edit
File 137740463810.png - (452.59KB , 516x768 , ozaki_101.png )
12717
>>12716
"Nice to meet both of you. Its no problem really. Will you be needing my services immediately?"
>> No. 12718 edit
File 137740505548.jpg - (94.29KB , 640x480 , 1377404923.jpg )
12718
"Before that, Nanjo-san assured me he would inform you of Father's...condition. I objected, of course, but he was stubborn and, quite frankly, we need a doctor to establish ourselves. Are we correct in believing we can trust you?"
>> No. 12719 edit
File 137739412547.png - (841.15KB , 757x768 , ozaki_75.png )
12719
>>12718
"I have never told a secret I've been tasked with hiding in my life. That being said, Nanjo wasn't very... informitive when it came to Kinzo's condition. I believe you will need to inform me, unless Nanjo left any records here."
>> No. 12720 edit
File 137740632655.jpg - (95.38KB , 640x480 , 1377406215.jpg )
12720
"Records? So it's like that. I apologize, Ozaki-san, I don't believe you've been informed of the situation at all. I'll need to draw up some sort of contract before we can--"

"Dear," Natushi speaks for the first time. "There isn't that much time. The other guests are set to arrive shortly."

"Natsuhi, we can't--"

Natushi attempts to whisper, but you can hear. "Dear, I realize I am speaking out of term, but you must listen. It was your financial decisions that pushed us into this spot. Please, trust me. Our guest has no reason to reveal anything. Doctor Nanjo assured us of his integrity."

Krauss's face looked a combination of furious and disappointment. His entire body seemed to glow red. He turns away from his wife and approaches you.

"Nanjo, that fool. I don't know you, but I'm warning you now. If you say anything to absolutely anyone, I will end you. You'll never work in Japan again. Do we have an understanding?"

Krauss tries to sound intimidating, but just comes across as desperate and rash.
>> No. 12721 edit
File 137740654161.png - (517.23KB , 522x707 , ozaki_62.png )
12721
>>12720
"...You have my word."
>> No. 12722 edit
File 137740679236.jpg - (49.47KB , 640x480 , 1377406734.jpg )
12722
"Father is...no, it's better that I show you. Follow us."

Krauss turns his back and walks back up the stairs. Natsuhi looks at you quizzically for a few moments before following her husband. Genji just stands quietly.
>> No. 12723 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12723
>>12722
I guess I follow them while on the look out for any other people.
>> No. 12724 edit
File 137740745426.jpg - (147.05KB , 640x480 , 1377407255.jpg )
12724
You don't notice anyone else as you climb two flights of stairs with Krauss and Natsuhi leading you and Genji behind you.

The couple eventually stop at a large, sturdy door. The handle has an image of a scorpion on it.

"Genji, if you would."

"Certainly." Genji pulls out his ring of keys and unlocks the large door.

Krauss motions you inside. You can see a figure standing by the window, but the darkness of the room makes them hard to make out.

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)22:13:00
>> No. 12725 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12725
>>12724
"Hello?"

I let my eyes adjust and wait for a response.
>> No. 12726 edit
File 137740811271.jpg - (156.89KB , 640x480 , 1377407846.jpg )
12726
The figure turns around. Soon, you can make our their shape in the darkness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gVGE-5C9c

"Greetings, Ozaki-san." It's a woman's voice. "I am the true master of this island. You may refer to me as Ushiromiya Kinzo."
>> No. 12727 edit
File 137740909326.png - (737.22KB , 934x768 , ozaki_64.png )
12727
>>12726
"...Well this is unexpected. I have been under the impression that Kinzo was a man. What is going on here?"
>> No. 12728 edit
File 137740811271.jpg - (156.89KB , 640x480 , 1377407846.jpg )
12728
"The previous Kinzo-san is dead. Before he died, he passed everything he owns on to me-- including his title. I am a witch, you see. I also go by a different name, but Kinzo will do for now. The truth is that I need your help. This man," she pointed at Krauss. "Used all of his funds on useless projects like a movie about the cross between a tornado and a shark. Alas, it doesn't seem that the world is ready for Tornadashark. The only way the family has survived this long is due to my own contributions, but I won't do everything for them. I love them far too much. That's why we need your help. It's necessary, for the next two days, for Kinzo-san to be 'alive'. You're going to help us."
>> No. 12729 edit
File 13774104964.png - (0.97MB , 891x768 , ozaki_79.png )
12729
As I listen to the voice I attempt to discern any distortions or audio disturbances. I want to be 100% sure that I will recognise this voice if I heard it again and that it is indeed a human talking to me. Doesn't matter if I can't tell if it really is a girl or a guy.

"I believe I get the jist of it. During this family conference I simply have to ensure that live or death status of the previous Kinzo remains in limbo... Is that right?"

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)23:10:54
>> No. 12730 edit
File 137740811271.jpg - (156.89KB , 640x480 , 1377407846.jpg )
12730
You attempt to do so.

"<Perfecto.> Then I have your full support. I will warn you not to test me. I am a cruel witch by nature, it is due to my own choices that I be kind. If there should be anything you need, I urge you to contact Genji. I will not be present for this family conference. Genji, show our most esteemed guest to his chambers."

"Certainly, madame. Please follow me."
>> No. 12731 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12731
>>12730
I guess I'll follow Genji then.
>> No. 12732 edit
File 137741163647.jpg - (77.95KB , 640x480 , 1377411606.jpg )
12732
As you walk down the stairs and out of the mansion, Genji explains the situation.

"Your room is designated in the guesthouse. You will be in close vicinity to the Ushiromiya children-- George-sama, Jessica-sama, and Maria-sama. When the family arrives, I expect they should like to see you. I will call for you then."

Genji opens the door to the guest house. Your room is downstairs. He leads you inside and hands you a list of extension numbers to rooms in the mansion and guest house.

"If that is all."

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)23:23:07
>> No. 12733 edit
File 13774121378.png - (805.58KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_8.png )
12733
>>12732
" Is there a key for the room?"

I take the numbers.

"Also, are there any other servants on the island besides yourself? It seems like it would be hard for one to cover both the mansion and guesthouse."

Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)23:34:12
>> No. 12734 edit
File 13774133846.jpg - (77.74KB , 640x480 , 1377413338.jpg )
12734
"Your key is sitting on the dresser." Genji points to it. "The master keys can open it in theory, but that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not the only servant on duty. Besides myself, there is Gohda-san, Shannon-san, Leon-san, and Kumasama-san. Any one of them may attend to you." Genji pauses. "But you shouldn't discuss particular matters with them. I trust you understand."
>> No. 12735 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12735
>>12734
"Understood"

I check the time. I then inquire when dinner(or perhaps the next meal judging by the time) is served.
>> No. 12736 edit
File 137741163647.jpg - (77.95KB , 640x480 , 1377411606.jpg )
12736
It's 1:09. Genji tells you that Gohda is preparing snacks and refreshments for the Ushiromiya's arrival as they speak.

"Speaking of that matter, it shouldn't be long now until they arrive. If you are satisfied, I must tend to the harbor. Jessica-sama will likely be returning with them."
>> No. 12737 edit
File 137741435751.png - (1.15MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_23.png )
12737
>>12736
Keeping my voice low I say

"One last thing. What will you be telling the other family members when questioned about me? It would be ideal to set our stories straight so there is no unneeded attention."
>> No. 12738 edit
File 13774133846.jpg - (77.74KB , 640x480 , 1377413338.jpg )
12738
"You are filling in for Doctor Nanjo while he is away on an emergency. You were his student, after all. That is the truth."

With that, Genji leaves the room. You are alone. You can use this time to gather supplies / prepare or skip to an event.
>> No. 12739 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12739
>>12738
I survey my room. Check the locks on doors and windows. Check layout etc.
>> No. 12740 edit
File 137741536563.jpg - (44.53KB , 640x480 , 1377415325.jpg )
12740
There are two beds in the room. Their backs are to the left side of the wall. There is a dresser to your right on the far side of the room. A key is sitting on top of it and an umbrella is leaning against it. On your immediate right a closet. There doesn't seem to be a bathroom connected to the room.

The window is locked with a single latch from the inside. The door to your room is a knob lock.
>> No. 12741 edit
File 137741557585.png - (968.77KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_51.png )
12741
>>12740
I pocket my key. I then equip the umbrella for + rain resistance. I then check the closet.
>> No. 12742 edit
File 137741608670.jpg - (179.87KB , 1023x575 , 027-1.jpg )
12742
You open the closet. There's a mighty looking hat stand inside, equip with an assortment of fedoras. Many fedoras. Fedoras of all shapes and sizes.
>> No. 12743 edit
File 131959014367.png - (197.07KB , 357x434 , ozakitwe.png )
12743
>>12742
I check if there is anything else in the closet, if nothing I close the door. I then leave my room and lock the door behind me.

I then survey the hallway.

>> No. 12744 edit
File 137741672529.jpg - (117.57KB , 640x480 , 1377416677.jpg )
12744
The closet is empty with the exception of a couple jackets and a box of paperclips. And many, many fedoras.

You can see a door to your left, followed by the exit to the guesthouse. To your right, you see a bar area down the hall.
>> No. 12745 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12745
>>12744
I attempt to open the door on my left.
>> No. 12746 edit
File 137741743563.jpg - (143.60KB , 640x480 , 1377417401.jpg )
12746
It opens. Inside, you find a small library.

Boring.

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)00:57:15
>> No. 12747 edit
File 13774174996.png - (1.11MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_36.png )
12747
>>12746
>boring
Survey the library. Look for any mystery novels.
>> No. 12748 edit
File 137741743563.jpg - (143.60KB , 640x480 , 1377417401.jpg )
12748
You find Gideon's Day by J.J Marric. It's looks a bit torn up, but legible.

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)01:06:42
>> No. 12749 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12749
>>12748
I pocket it for now. I then leave the room and head to the bar area. I then survey that place.
>> No. 12750 edit
File 137741672529.jpg - (117.57KB , 640x480 , 1377416677.jpg )
12750
You pocket the book, but receive a paper-cut while doing so. Baka Ozaki.

You walk to the bar area. There are some stools around the bar itself, which features many fine drinks. How tempting.
>> No. 12751 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12751
>>12750
I check to see if they have vodka. Regardless of the answer I'll then attempt to find the second floor assuming there is one. I then survey it once I arrive there.
>> No. 12752 edit
File 137741894090.jpg - (65.92KB , 640x480 , 1377418903.jpg )
12752
There are two rooms upstairs to your right. On the left there is a bathroom.
>> No. 12753 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
12753
>>12752
I enter then survey the bathroom.
>> No. 12754 edit
File 137741921010.jpg - (68.03KB , 640x480 , 1377419116.jpg )
12754
Upon closer inspection, you can tell that it's definitely a bathroom. There's a medicine cabinet filled with aspirins and other general drugs. Under the sink there's a first aid kit.
>> No. 12755 edit
File 13774781387.png - (805.99KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_38.png )
12755
>>12754
I get a band aid from the first aid kit and treat my life treating wound papercut.

I then go back in the hallway and check one of the other doors.

>> No. 12756 edit
File 137741894090.jpg - (65.92KB , 640x480 , 1377418903.jpg )
12756
You successfully treat your wound.

You attempt to open the first door on the right side of the hall, but it's locked.
>> No. 12757 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12757
>>12756
I guess I'll check the other one then.
>> No. 12758 edit
File 137741894090.jpg - (65.92KB , 640x480 , 1377418903.jpg )
12758
As you're walking to the door, you can hear a faint ringing downstairs. Do you check out the room anyways or ignore it?
>> No. 12760 edit
File 13774809906.png - (865.88KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_13.png )
12760
>>12758
Seeing how I seem to be the only person in the guesthouse it is probably for me.

I quickly open the door and take a look in if it opens and then run down stairs to answer the phone.

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)18:37:52
>> No. 12761 edit
File 137741536563.jpg - (44.53KB , 640x480 , 1377415325.jpg )
12761
The door opens. From first glance it appears to be a room similar to yours.

You dash downstairs. The ringing seems to be coming from your room. You unlock your door, enter, and pick up the phone.

"Ozaki-san," It's a man's voice that you don't recognize. "This is head chef of the Ushiromiya family, Gohda, speaking. Are you finding everything suitable?"
>> No. 12762 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12762
>>12761
"Ah the chef is it? Yes everything is fine at the moment."
>> No. 12763 edit
File 137741536563.jpg - (44.53KB , 640x480 , 1377415325.jpg )
12763
"I'm glad to hear it. The rest of the family has arrived and Krauss-san has instructed me to invite you to the parlor. Do you know your way or would you like me to escort you?"

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)19:11:35
>> No. 12764 edit
File 137748295126.png - (615.30KB , 804x768 , ozaki_134.png )
12764
>>12763
"No worries. I am sure I can find my way there on my own."
>> No. 12765 edit
File 137741536563.jpg - (44.53KB , 640x480 , 1377415325.jpg )
12765
"Ahh, very good. There will be refreshments, so don't delay!" Gohda hangs up the phone and leaves you with silence.
>> No. 12766 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12766
>>12765
I put the phone back and grab some paperclips from the closet. I then leave the room, locking the door as I leave.

I then exit the guesthouse and go to the rose garden. I look around the garden for any activity.

>> No. 12767 edit
File 137748443583.jpg - (150.93KB , 640x480 , 1377483834.jpg )
12767
Walking through the rose garden, you can see a young maid walking to the mansion as well. She doesn't seem to notice you.
>> No. 12768 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12768
>>12767
Don't see any need to bother her.

I'll just lag behind a bit so she doesn't notice as I follow her to the mansion.
>> No. 12769 edit
File 137748551639.jpg - (66.87KB , 640x480 , 1377485487.jpg )
12769
You enter the mansion. Genji is standing in the center, ready to greet you. You can hear a good amount of chatter coming from a nearby room.

"I hope your rest was enjoyable. The Head is in poor health, not being able to meet with the family. It's unfortunate. As a doctor, you should be the one to deliver the news."

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)19:51:56
>> No. 12770 edit
File 137748596988.png - (1.12MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_29.png )
12770
>>12769
"Alright then. Have they already asked how he is doing?"

I follow Genji after he responds.
>> No. 12771 edit
File 137748551639.jpg - (66.87KB , 640x480 , 1377485487.jpg )
12771
"Not yet. They won't while the Ushiromiya cousins are still in the room with them. However, Eva-san has already asked about your arrival. It may put everyone of the adults at ease if you introduce yourself. I'm sure that Natsuhi-sama and Krauss-sama would be relived as well."

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)20:04:47
>> No. 12772 edit
File 137748700731.jpg - (74.02KB , 640x480 , 1377486825.jpg )
12772
Genji leads you to the parlor and opens the door. He moves aside and gestures you in. As he does so, the room quiets down a little and its inhabitants stare at you.

Inside the room: Krauss, Natsuhi, Jessica, Rosa, Maria, Rudolf, Kyrie, Ange, Eva, Hideyoshi, George, and the servant Shannon.

There's only a moment of silence before Rudlolf chimes in. "Looks like Dr. Nanjo lost a bit of weight."

"Found him head of hair, too!" Hideoyoshi says. He looks back at you. "How are ya, son?"
>> No. 12773 edit
File 137739829475.png - (475.09KB , 730x661 , ozaki_89b.png )
12773
>>12772
"I'm afraid losing that much weight may be unhealthy for the old guy." I chuckle.

"My name is Toshio Ozaki. Nanjo was my mentor and due to an unexpected emergency he has asked me to fill in on his behalf. I should be here for the entirety of the conference so I thought it would be best to get introductions out of the way before dinner. In any case, it is nice to meet you all."

Last edited at 13/08/25(Sun)20:25:41
>> No. 12776 edit
File 137752951086.jpg - (325.48KB , 640x480 , 1377528599.jpg )
12776
"I like him," says Rudolf to nobody in particular. "You can call me Rudolf. I'm kind of what could be considered the brains of this family."

Objections immediately rise from all over the room. Even Ange looks dubious.

"Ignore my husband," says Kyrie. She wears a fierce demeanor, but appears friendly enough in the present. "I'm Kyrie. It's nice to meet your acquaintance. This is my daughter, Ange. She--"

"I can introduce myself!" Ange says. "I'm Ange! I'm part of the Magic Sorciere now, right Maria?"

"Kihihihi," Maria grins. "Ange has a lot of training to do before she can join the magic sorciere. She's just an apprentice. Maybe next year."

Ange groans. Some of the adults grimace like this is something that was brought up before. Krauss uses the silence to interject.

Krauss smiles gently, although his shoulders seem tense. "You've already met Natsuhi-san and I. We hope to treat you well during your visit. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to let us know."

Natsuhi nods. "Even though you are working, every amenity we have is open to you as well. Please enjoy your stay. Jessica?"

Jessica, who was up until that point staring at you, looks away quickly. Her face is bright red. "Ahh, yes! I'm Jessica and stuff. Please be kind to me, y'know? Your turn, George."

"All right, then. I'm George Ushiromiya. I like business, aquariums, and cake. Send Dr. Nanjo my best regards."

"I'm this young man's mother, Eva. It's my responsibility to ensure that he does great things. I'm sure we'll get along spectacularly." There's something that you can't identify in her voice.

Hideyoshi opens his mouth to speak, but Eva interrupts him: "This is my kind husband, Hideyoshi."

"Hi."

"Ozaki-kun? Am I saying that correctly?" Rosa says. She has a gentle smile and her tone is playful. "My name's Rosa. I'm the youngest of us adults, but don't forget to take me seriously. That's my daughter, Maria. Please take care of us."

Everyone in the room except for the maid has introduced themselves.

Kyrie says. "I hope you're not too overwhelmed with all the names. You have to have a question or two for us, right?"

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)08:27:30
>> No. 12778 edit
File 137754415835.png - (1.07MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_65.png )
12778
>>12776
"Questions? Well if we simply chat leisurely I'm sure we'll come to know each other."

I survey the room for things besides the people.

"Well I hear this conference is a yearly event correct? Oh and is there a free seat anywhere?"
>> No. 12780 edit
File 137755033398.jpg - (105.02KB , 640x480 , 1377550280.jpg )
12780
There's an empty chair in-between Rosa and Krauss/Natsuhi. You take it.

"Our children were just talking about going down to the beach," says Rudolf. "It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Once we're done with all this boring adult-talk, I might join them. I packed my [lucky speedo]!"

Kyrie looked at him. "You brought that? I specifically checked to make sure it wasn't in the suitcase."

"I have secrets even you don't know, Kyrie." Rudolf grins.

"Anyways," interjects Rosa. "Shannon-chan here will help you with whatever you need. Going to the beach is a tradition for all of you, isn't it?"

"Uu! Beach! Is Ozaki coming, too?" Maria looks at you expectantly.

"Don't bother the man, Maria. Ozaki-san is working. He must have his hands full, isn't that right?" Did the tone of Rosa's voice slightly change?
>> No. 12781 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12781
>>12780
"Ah, thanks for the invitation Maria but I'll stay here."
>> No. 12782 edit
File 137755254927.jpg - (110.99KB , 640x480 , 1377552516.jpg )
12782
The cousins all get up to leave. Before exiting the room, Jessica looks at you. "Ah, see you later, Ozaki-san!" She quickly joins the others. Somehow, it seems that every ounce of joy on the island of Rokkenjima left with them.

"Ozaki-san," says Krauss. "If you would, check on Father. If he doesn't want to be disturbed, wait in your room. We have a lot to talk about."

"Hey, Nee-san," says Eva. "Isn't our guest just as relevant as anyone else in this room? It's his responsibility to inform us about Father's condition, after all."

A small vein appears on Krauss's head. "Of course he's welcome to stay if he wishes. I was merely considering Father's well-being."

"I'm sure we're all very interested in that," Rosa says. The atmosphere in the room already thickened. "But of course you understand if we don't want the only person who can verify father's health to leave us so quickly."

"Pfft. It's no different than what Dr. Nanjo said. A few months at best. If he wants to stay, he can. If he wants to go, he can do that as well. We're hiring him to be a doctor, not chit-chat with us."

"You'll stay, won't you?" Rosa shoots you a quick smile.
>> No. 12783 edit
File 137755455796.png - (559.45KB , 616x768 , ozaki_39.png )
12783
>>12782
"I'm not sure, it seems the leisurely chat I was expecting won't be happening.

At the very least if you want to know about the Head's health I couldn't find anything different from what Nanjo had already informed me of. I'm mainly here to assure no complications occur, but with Kinzo's lifestyle it is unlikely that would happen."
>> No. 12784 edit
File 137755506785.jpg - (99.50KB , 640x480 , 1377554796.jpg )
12784
"Is that so? Actually, we were hoping we could ask some questions about that."
>> No. 12786 edit
File 137755535088.png - (477.54KB , 618x722 , ozaki_35.png )
12786
>>12784
"Alright then, what do you want ask?"
>> No. 12787 edit
File 137755547488.jpg - (83.31KB , 640x480 , 1377555444.jpg )
12787
"Just simple stuff," says Rosa. "No need to scare our guest so early on."

"That's right," says Rudolf. "Simple. Do you think Father's in good enough health to join us for dinner tonight?"
>> No. 12788 edit
File 137755636633.png - (139.29KB , 334x332 , ozaki_9.png )
12788
>>12787
"Hmm... If this was my clinic I wouldn't advise it, staying in bed is probably best for him, however I imagine that wouldn't stop him if he wanted. At least that is the impression I got from him.

At the very least it would shorten his remaining time."
>> No. 12790 edit
File 137756293625.jpg - (92.94KB , 640x480 , 1377562904.jpg )
12790
"I see," says Eva. "So you got a chance to properly diagnose him, then?"
>> No. 12791 edit
File 137756392996.png - (411.04KB , 445x521 , ozaki_44.png )
12791
>>12790
"More or less yes. I'm sure Nanjo has explained before but to put it simply its just old age causing a variety of problems throughout his body.

We could do more sophisticated tests with technology to pinpoint exact problems however at this point anything we may find won't help prolong his life any longer then we already have. Hopefully you understand."

Of course I speak like I am feeling sorry to inform them of this news.
>> No. 12792 edit
File 137756722910.jpg - (112.98KB , 640x480 , 1377567174.jpg )
12792
"It's like that? I hoped that another person doing a diagnosis might yield better results. Thank you, Ozaki-san."

"Are you satisfied with that, Eva? Can our guest go?" Krauss asks.

"Of course. We still have plenty more to discuss though, Nii-san."

"Yes, I know. Ozaki-san, please check on Father before you return to your room." He motions you away.

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)19:05:26
>> No. 12793 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12793
>>12792
I leave the room. Since he asked me to I decide to go back to the study. I'll take note of anyone if I meet them on the way there.
>> No. 12794 edit
File 137739957584.jpg - (103.58KB , 640x480 , 1377399533.jpg )
12794
Some of the adults acknowledge you as you leave. They look even more tense that moments before. The real family conference is about to begin in that room. Like every year before it, schemes will be hatched, arguments will burn, and nothing productive will actually be done.

Genji hands you a key to Kinzo's study as you enter the hall. He tells you that it's one of two keys. He holds the other.

You walk up to the third floor. Time to go along with the whims of the dysfunctional family that called you. But hey, there's money in it. Such simple motivation. Whatever your reasons, you trudge along until you reach the door to Kinzo's study.

You unlock the sturdy door and slowly turn the handle...

------------------------

Beach

Jessica, Ange, and Maria played in the water. At first, Jessica teased about how water was supposed to burn witches. Maria didn't like that. Not one bit. She spent the next two minutes lecturing about how myths could be harmful about witches until George distracted her with a magic trick involving some candy. Jessica asked where he got the candy from, but he wouldn't tell.

George and Shannon stood on the beach, talking among themselves.

"Shannon-chan..."

"George-kun."

"I'm sorry, you know. I meant to visit more during the year. It's just that mother--"

"It's fine, George-kun." Shannon offered a genuine smile. "Maybe if you had made a silly promise there would be reason to be upset, but I never expected as much."

There was a pause.

"Still," she says. "I wonder when we'll be able to be...together."

"Soon," George says. "When Grandfather dies, I'll become the new Head. Nobody will be able to keep us apart, I'll ensure it."

"I see." Shannon's voice lacked any kind of certainty. "Soon."

"Yes. All I need is another year at most, and--"

"A year?" Shannon couldn't help but gape her mouth.

"I still need to make preparations. These kind of things don't just happen overnight. Shannon-chan, look at me."

"George-kun..."

"I love you. Time doesn't destroy love, not if it really existed. We'll be together."

Another pause. George speaks again.

"You do love me, right Shannon-chan?"

The tide ripped across the wave where the other cousins joyfully played. Not a single cloud graced the blue sky.

“Yes, George-kun.”


---------------------------------------

The entire scene changes around you and you're back in the room from before. The Witch of Certainty looks at you expectantly.

"Well? What do you think? It's all there, isn't it? The romance, the intrigue, the suspense. I might be better than the mighty Beatrice herself, don't you think?"

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)19:05:01
>> No. 12795 edit
File 13775694369.png - (1.53MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_25.png )
12795
>>12794
"Well besides the minor differences like Nanjo, the cast of servants, dating sim 101, and the year it is basically the same plot so far. At least on the outside.

From here on out is when we can start to decide how interesting the game will be. I have high expectations you know."
>> No. 12796 edit
File 137739874748.jpg - (104.10KB , 640x480 , 1377398718.jpg )
12796
"Same? Well-- it's just the set-up, you know! Would you rather have just have me make you some castaway again so that you could get right into the action? No! I'm an artist! But I see. You want something more. You want a murder! Let's go, then. Me and you. You and me. You and I. Which is it? Ahh, I forget! Resume the game."

The world around you dissolves and you find yourself in Kinzo's study. You're not sure how much time has passed.
>> No. 12797 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
12797
>>12796
I survey the area. I also check for people.
>> No. 12798 edit
File 137757059255.jpg - (96.79KB , 640x480 , 1377570544.jpg )
12798
The area's devoid of anyone. In your immediate area, you see a chess table, lab chemical racks, a desk, and lab equipment shelves. The clock shows you the time: Six o' clock. When was dinner supposed to be?
>> No. 12799 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12799
>>12798
I check to see how many parts of the study there are. Like a bathroom or bed room and all that.

I then take a closer look at the lab chemical racks.

>> No. 12800 edit
File 137757683910.jpg - (85.94KB , 311x162 , chemicals.jpg )
12800
You explore the entire room. With your detective's memory, you map out the entire room in your head. There's nobody else inside.

You take a better look at the lab chemicals. Acetone, Sodium Hydroxide, and Hydrochloric acid sit on the rack as well as an assortment of other common lab chemicals.

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)21:13:59
>> No. 12801 edit
File 137757688162.png - (165.62KB , 1256x389 , Capture.png )
12801
[map]
>> No. 12802 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
12802
>>12800
I then go and examine the desk.

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)21:16:41
>> No. 12803 edit
File 13775774206.jpg - (53.13KB , 640x480 , 1377577352.jpg )
12803
You walk over to the desk. You see some wax and a ring sitting on it.

Then there's a sound. You hear someone fumbling on the lock to the door in the hallway. Someone's trying to get in.
>> No. 12804 edit
File 137757772736.png - (1.14MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_105.png )
12804
>>12803
I quietly unlock the window, not opening it though, then I tip toe in the direction of the bedroom but stay around the corner so that if someone enters the room I can duck out and pretend I couldn't hear them because I was in the bathroom. I then watch the door and listen from the corner.
>> No. 12805 edit
File 137757059255.jpg - (96.79KB , 640x480 , 1377570544.jpg )
12805
You peek around the corner of the wall. The door opens and Genji steps inside.

"Ozaki-san, are you there?"

Almost immediately, Genji notices the open window. His eyes widen in the first display of emotion you've seen of him. He walks quickly to the window to examine it.
>> No. 12806 edit
File 13775780601.png - (793.17KB , 971x768 , ozaki_100.png )
12806
>>12805
I wait a moment to see what his immediate reaction is. If he simply closes the window then I'll come out and greet him.
>> No. 12807 edit
File 137757853511.jpg - (69.55KB , 640x480 , 1377578478.jpg )
12807
Genji opens the window and walks onto the balcony. After noticing nothing amiss, he re-enters the room and locks the window.

You walk out and announce yourself. Genji might have asked how long you've been in the study or what you were doing, even why the window was open. Instead, he says:

"Dinner is ready, the family is waiting on your arrival. Please follow me."

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)21:46:09
>> No. 12808 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12808
>>12807
I follow him.
>> No. 12809 edit
File 137757908659.jpg - (79.32KB , 640x480 , leon.jpg )
12809
Genji guides you out of the study and down the stairs. When you reach the first floor, Leon is there. She glares at you when she sees you.

"Hey, you! What's the big idea? Genji-san and I were looking everywhere for you and you went up and vanished."

"Leon, remember yourself."

Leon grumbles and looks away.
>> No. 12810 edit
File 137166678668.jpg - (48.19KB , 250x350 , 1603.jpg )
12810
>>12809
"Searching? My dear you must be mistaken. The last known location I was said to be was the study. It should have been the first place Genji would think to look."

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)21:57:50
>> No. 12811 edit
File 137758028560.jpg - (124.45KB , 640x480 , 1377580248.jpg )
12811
Genji glances at Leon. "I did instruct you that he was going to that place."

Leon gets flustered. "Well, yeah! Like, four hours ago! What clown would think he was still there?"

"Master's study was the first place I checked when you reported his disappearance," says Genji.

Leon's face glows a bright red.

"Enjoy your dinner," she says and turns away. She disappears down a hall.

Genji directs you to the dining hall. "A seat has been prepared for you as the family's welcomed and important guest. Please enjoy your meal."

You walk inside the dining hall and find the seat Genji was talking about directly in the middle of Ange and Jessica.

"Ozaki-san," Eva acknowledges your arrival. "I'm glad you could make it. Gohda's cooking is sublime. Sometimes I'm surprised we snagged him for ourselves."

"Hey, Eva, don't talk like that." says Rudolf. "If Gohda hears you his head won't be able to get through the doorway!" This jest earns a laugh at the table.

"How are ya doing, Ozaki-san?" Jessica asks.

Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)22:11:49
>> No. 12812 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12812
>>12811
"He is that good of a chef eh? I can't wait."

"Ah, Jessica right? I'm well, yourself?"
>> No. 12813 edit
File 13776446283.jpg - (88.96KB , 640x480 , 1377644591.jpg )
12813
"I'm doing great, Maria and I played 'Witches and Sea Monsters' at the beach today. Hey, maybe if Gramps isn't keeping you too busy tomorrow, you could--"

Before Jessica can finish her sentence, you hear a high-pitched scream coming from outside of the dining hall. Everybody stops what they're doing. Even Gohda and Kumasawa, who were just bringing food from the kitchen, stop in their tracks.

A few seconds later, another scream. It's getting closer.
>> No. 12814 edit
File 137764810754.png - (438.03KB , 898x768 , ozaki_112.png )
12814
>>12813
I quickly see which people are inside the room, I then leave my chair and rush to the door way to see the source of the noise.
>> No. 12815 edit
File 137764901177.jpg - (83.15KB , 640x480 , hallway.jpg )
12815
Everybody you met in the parlor, with the exception of Shannon, is in the dining hall. In addition, Gohda and Kumasawa are present.

You open the door to the dining hall. You see the servant Leon running to your direction. Something seems to be fiercely upsetting her.
>> No. 12816 edit
File 137764919763.png - (571.13KB , 923x768 , ozaki_132.png )
12816
>>12815
"Oi, what all the ruckus out here?" I say to her.
>> No. 12817 edit
File 137764938244.jpg - (83.34KB , 640x480 , leon.jpg )
12817
"Wahhhhh, it's horrible! What happened? I don't-- I can't!" Leon falls on her knees, sobbing.

The other family members arrive at the door.

"Leon-chan? What's goin' on?" says Hideyoshi.

"Someone...someone's dead!" Leon chokes out.
>> No. 12818 edit
File 137764952158.png - (860.36KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_30.png )
12818
>>12817
"What, dead!? Are you sure? Who? Where?"
>> No. 12819 edit
File 137764987437.jpg - (55.75KB , 640x480 , 1377648846.jpg )
12819
"It was Krauss-sama's room. I couldn't tell for sure, it was dark, but-- there was so much blood." Leon continues to break down on the floor as if a heavy stone were pushing her down.

At first, nobody knows what to do. Then Natsuhi springs into action.

"Where is Shannon?" she asks. She's looking directly at Genji.

"...I am not sure. The last she told me, she was going to do her rounds at the guest house."

Before anyone can say anything else, George dashes down the hallway. He's surprisingly quick on his feet.
>> No. 12820 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12820
>>12819
I follow George, assuming he is going to the room and not the guesthouse. My destination is the room Leon described. I also survey the second floor for future reference.
>> No. 12821 edit
File 137765045717.jpg - (17.02KB , 311x162 , black.jpg )
12821
You run as well, following George as closely as you can as you climb the steps. You can hear objections coming from behind you, but they fade after you climb up to the second floor.

As far as you can tell, the second floor isn't host to anything suspicious. George opens a door, practically running into it. After searching the room, he figures that isn't the right one and leaves. Your quick search yields the same result.

Next, George tries to check the room across the hall, but it's locked. George slams his body against the door and it opens fairly easily. The room is pitch black.

Last edited at 13/08/27(Tue)17:41:37
>> No. 12822 edit
File 137765062717.png - (524.81KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_135.png )
12822
I try to flick on a light. I also look back in the hallway for anything, particularly anybody coming out of the room we thought was the wrong one.
>> No. 12823 edit
File 137765087635.jpg - (105.86KB , 640x480 , 1377650846.jpg )
12823
You flick the light on and the whole room illuminates. The space, which moments ago was an unknowable void, jumps into existence.

There is a body on one of the beds in the room. It looks like somebody sliced its neck open. George stares at it while you examine the hallway. There's no movement.

"B-battler-kun?"
>> No. 12824 edit
File 137765127129.png - (205.31KB , 390x486 , ozaki_28.png )
12824
>>12823
"Battler? Do you know this person?"

I go up to the body and check the neck for a pulse. If there is a lamp I'll also check for dilatation of the pupil.

I survey the room as well.

>> No. 12825 edit
File 137765165842.jpg - (82.60KB , 640x480 , 1377651623.jpg )
12825
You check the body. The man laying there has red hair and a purple, vertically striped suit. There is a clear pulse. You use a lamp to confirm that his pupils are dilating.

The rest of the family has made it upstairs. They enter the room. You hear them as you attempt to work.

"Ange-chan, don't go in there!"

"Battler? What the hell happened?"

"Why is he here?"

"Uu!"

"Give the doctor some space!"

"Did you bring him here, Rudolf?"

"...beatrice..."

The voices jumble together and you can't pay attention to who's talking or when.

Last edited at 13/08/27(Tue)18:01:20
>> No. 12826 edit
File 13776519523.png - (912.58KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_17.png )
12826
>>12825
I determine is state of consciousness and then examine the body, mainly the wound. I also recall if I brought any medical supplies with me to the island since it seemed I did not.
>> No. 12827 edit
File 137765219067.jpg - (79.55KB , 640x480 , battler.jpg )
12827
You start to examine the wound. Then, the corpse in front of you starts...laughing.

Battler sits up in the bed while chuckling. "Ki~dding!"
>> No. 12828 edit
File 137765557023.png - (361.11KB , 456x517 , ozaki_84.png )
12828
>>12827
"Thought so, you shouldn't go pulling pranks like that boy. Nearly gave that maid a heart attack, assuming she wasn't helping you.

I take a look to see what he used for the blood. Smelling if needed.
>> No. 12829 edit
File 137773621538.jpg - (80.68KB , 640x480 , 1377736170.jpg )
12829
The family is in an uproar.

"Battler, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Krauss asks. His face is glowing red.

"Sorry about that, Krauss oji-chan. I couldn't help myself."

"Onii-chan?" Ange speaks up. Her face is puffy and tears are already strolling down her cheeks. Kyrie, who had been holding onto her, slowly lets go. Her face is as solemn as ever.

"Hey, Ange, how've you been?"

Rudolf steps toward Battler from the group. His lip is twitching like he doesn't know whether to smile or scowl.

"Hey, brat."

"Hey, Dad. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, it has. What are you doing here? How'd you even get here?"

"Ihihihi, that's actually a pretty funny story. I--"

Before Battler can start his amazing and hilarious story, you see a blur of blonde hair and red skirt flash by everyone and run straight into Battler. You have to make sure, but after doing a double-take you can tell that Jessica definitely slammed her fist into Battler's gut. She was even wearing bronze knuckles. How painful.

Battler, still grinning, seems to freeze entirely. Then he slumps over, still breathing. It does appear that the man is unconscious.

"Jessica, what are you thinking?" says Natsuhi.

"He had it coming if you ask me," Eva says.

Jessica falls to the ground, heaving. "He started it! How could he do something so awful, pretending to be dead in front of everyone that loves him? That's not fair. It isn't!"

A look of understanding and pain flashes over Natsuhi's face. She leans down to comfort her daughter.

Last edited at 13/08/28(Wed)17:34:07
>> No. 12830 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12830
>>12829
Don't have anything I want to do, so I will wait to see what happens if I remain quite.
>> No. 12831 edit
File 137775188089.jpg - (101.99KB , 640x480 , 1377751836.jpg )
12831
Krauss and Rudolf move Battler to a nearby bed.

"Ozaki-san," Krauss whispers. "Do you think you can treat Battler-kun? I want to make sure his bruising isn't serious."

The adults work on getting the children out of the room and downstairs. Ange objects the most, but Kyrie eventually drags her out of the room.

Only Jessica, Natushi, Krauss, Rudolf, Battler, and you are left in the room.
>> No. 12832 edit
File 137739567671.png - (176.38KB , 284x401 , ozaki_95b.png )
12832
>>12831
"Sure no problem."

I use my op doctor powers to check the damage caused to Battler.
>> No. 12833 edit
File 137775247886.jpg - (57.62KB , 640x480 , 1377752425.jpg )
12833
Battler's stomach is a deep red. You can tell it's going to start bruising soon, but it shouldn't be a problem otherwise. As far as you can tell, none of his bones are broken. He probably won't die because of the wound.

While inspecting him, you notice something bulging out of his pocket.
>> No. 12834 edit
File 137765062717.png - (524.81KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_135.png )
12834
>bulging out of his pocket.

I check the pockets.
>> No. 12835 edit
File 137775268128.jpg - (59.96KB , 640x480 , 1377752637.jpg )
12835
Poking out of his left pocket, you see what appears to be a gold bar. It doesn't look like anyone else has noticed yet.
>> No. 12836 edit
File 137775309265.png - (624.93KB , 743x768 , ozaki_103.png )
12836
>>12835
"Well I imagine he will be fine. He'll probably have a nasty bruise but other then that it should be good. I may need to wait until he wakes up to be absolutely sure though.

So who is this kid anyway?" I ask the people in the room.

Last edited at 13/08/28(Wed)22:12:53
>> No. 12837 edit
File 137775373031.jpg - (89.35KB , 640x480 , 1377753697.jpg )
12837
"That's Battler, my son. After his mom died, some personal stuff came up and he stopped visiting the island. I can't imagine why he's back. And with that ugly suit. Geez, pulling a stunt like that. I'm getting too old for this."

Krauss glances and Jessica and Natushi. Natsuhi's whispering something to Jessica.

"If Ozaki-san says he's all right, I will instruct Genji to watch over Battler," he says. "None of us have eaten, and dinner is likely to help."
>> No. 12838 edit
File 137775420330.png - (473.55KB , 478x768 , ozaki_96.png )
12838
>>12837
"Good idea. Send him on up. I will run few more tests in order to give Genji some instructions if someone happens. I'll come down once I finish up."

Last edited at 13/08/28(Wed)22:30:15
>> No. 12839 edit
File 137775247886.jpg - (57.62KB , 640x480 , 1377752425.jpg )
12839
"I'll leave him in your care, then."

Rudolf and Krauss help Natsuhi bring Jessica out of the room. After a few moments, you don't even hear their footsteps in the hall.
>> No. 12840 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12840
I look for a pen/pencil and paper.
>> No. 12841 edit
File 137775467658.jpg - (60.44KB , 300x224 , pen-and-paper-23286-m.jpg )
12841
You find some on and in a nearby desk.
>> No. 12842 edit
File 13777552616.png - (941.57KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_54.png )
12842
>>12841
I write "This is the doctor, once you are awake come see me in my room after dinner, or before midnight at the very least. It is about the contents of your pocket. Of course this is only assuming you were going to keep it a secret rather than reveal it." and I tear that piece of paper off and I put it in his other pocket. I pull a blanket over top of Battler and wait for Genji.

Last edited at 13/08/28(Wed)22:48:15
>> No. 12843 edit
File 137765045717.jpg - (17.02KB , 311x162 , black.jpg )
12843
You write the note. The pen seems to be running out of ink, so it takes you a bit to compose the message. You're preparing to place it when you hear a gust of wind right next to your ear.

In a way, it reminds you of your childhood. The wind was always loudest on the beach. Your mom loved the wind. You miss your mom so much. When the wind hits your face, sometimes she's the only thing you can think of. Maybe it's time to forgive your dad for his alcohol problem.

You have time to ponder absolutely none of this fabricated back-story, because a split second after you hear the wind something knocks your temple and everything turns black.
>> No. 12844 edit
File 137775616921.jpg - (166.27KB , 640x480 , 1377756101.jpg )
12844
"Everything we do--"

"--is for the sake of love!"

When you come to, you see two flamboyant characters in front of you.

"Fill in the blanks!"

"Without ____, it cannot be ____!"
>> No. 12845 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
12845
>>12844
"Without hate it cannot be deduced.
Without love it cannot be seen."
>> No. 12846 edit
File 137775674077.jpg - (166.53KB , 640x480 , love2.jpg )
12846
"That's right! What does he win, Furfur?"

"You mean besides our company, Zepar?"

"And our thematic resonance?"

"Maybe we should give him a hint!"

"Isn't that cheating?"

"Not if the question is about love!"

"Too true! So ask--

"But only ask once!"
>> No. 12848 edit
File 137739341159.png - (392.84KB , 515x632 , ozaki_60.png )
12848
"In this game, out of the humans on the board who has the most and who as the the least love?"

Last edited at 13/08/28(Wed)23:36:40
>> No. 12849 edit
File 13777593899.jpg - (165.04KB , 640x480 , 1377759346.jpg )
12849
"On this Rokkenjima--"

"Love exists in all forms.

Less or more? Great or weak? Are these questions useful?

The emasculated boy's heart grows most tender for romance, but of life he knows not."

"The would-be Knight wants nothing but peace, but still carries great sin."

"The foolish men mourn their mistakes and seeks reparations for their loves. This can blind them to the Truth."

The Woman believes her Kin can make no sin.

The Temptress has waited years for her love.

"The one whose head screams would do anything to protect her loves and her name."


""Love is such a beautiful thing!""
>> No. 12850 edit
File 137765045717.jpg - (17.02KB , 311x162 , black.jpg )
12850
You find yourself on a hard-wood floor. Your head feels like it was ran over by a truck. Everything hurts. You hear the faint voice of someone far away.

"...sama. Ozaki-sama, please wake yourself."
>> No. 12851 edit
File 137775977984.png - (70.03KB , 209x219 , ozaki_7.png )
12851
>>12850
I open my eyes and attempt to sit up. I check to see if I still have the paper on my person. Not to mention if I am still in the same room and who is currently there.
>> No. 12852 edit
File 137776009812.jpg - (74.17KB , 640x480 , 1377760063.jpg )
12852
You're in the same room as before. You recognize the furniture. You don't see the paper anywhere. You can see Genji in front of you.

"Ozaki-sama, what happened? Where is Battler-sama?"

Battler is not in his bed.
>> No. 12853 edit
File 137776034722.png - (414.76KB , 743x726 , ozaki_113.png )
12853
>>12852
"What!?"

I check the window for foot marks on the ledge and check the latch. I also check the whole room in case someone is hiding. I also check the time.

"Genji did you see anyone else enter or leave this room? Someone knocked me out. Do you know what time Krauss told you to come up here?"
>> No. 12854 edit
File 137776075612.jpg - (73.53KB , 640x480 , 1377760696.jpg )
12854
You can't find anyone hiding in the room. Genji stands in front of the door while you search. When you look at the window, you make a shocking discovery: it isn't actually locked.

The window sticks in place when closed, but can be pushed open if given enough force. You see a single pair of footsteps on the ledge. Are those Battler's footprints?

The time is 6:42. Since you were in the room, Genji finished the present duties he had been assigned and took about thirteen minutes to reach the room. He didn't notice anyone leaving and you were already knocked out when he arrived.
>> No. 12855 edit
File 137776107959.png - (168.01KB , 379x446 , ozaki_106.png )
12855
>>12854
I look outside of the window, I assume it is raining by now right? Well I'll try to see footprints on the ground anyway.

I then check the bed Battler was in. Is it really the same bed? Perhaps I am in a different room. Is all the fake blood still there? It would have dripped off Battler onto the sheets and all that. I examine how the blanket looks as well.


"I don't know where he is. Either he moved on his own or... well lets just hope he turns up."

I check my person. Do I still have the study key and my candy and my other items?

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)00:25:37
>> No. 12856 edit
File 137775247886.jpg - (57.62KB , 640x480 , 1377752425.jpg )
12856
You try to identify the footprints, but it looks like someone went through deliberate effort to smudge them. All you can tell is that they were once definitely feet.

You check the bed. It has the fake blood and all. If it isn't the same room, it's literally indistinguishable from the real one.

"We have to inform Krauss-sama," Genji says.

You still have the study key and candy on you.
>> No. 12857 edit
File 137755535088.png - (477.54KB , 618x722 , ozaki_35.png )
12857
"Agreed"

I follow him out of the room, making sure it was indeed the room I entered and discovered Battler.

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)01:50:25
>> No. 12858 edit
File 137780681720.jpg - (87.40KB , 640x480 , 1377806780.jpg )
12858
You and Genji walk down the nearest staircase. It doesn't appear that anyone's in the main hall. You follow him to the dining hall.

Natsuhi is there, looking like she's fighting some head pains, as well as Ange, Maria, and Jessica, who appears slightly more stable than the last time you saw her.

"Ahh, Ozaki-san. I was just going to instruct Gohda-san to regather everyone for dinner. We didn't want our food to be cold. Is everything all right?"

"Madame," says Genji. "May I speak to you in private?"

Natsuhi looks perplexed, but walks with Genji to a corner away from the children. You follow them.

"Battler-sama has gotten up from his bed," he says.

Natsuhi's looks confused. She looks at you. "Where did he go?"

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)13:09:29
>> No. 12859 edit
File 13774809906.png - (865.88KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_13.png )
12859
>>12858
"I found evidence to suggest he snuck out the window, but he could have very well left through the door too...

Although that being said I was hit on the head and knocked out while all these went down. So I think logically speaking unless Battler has some vendetta against me someone else may be responsible. The fact someone would go out of their way to risk killing me doesn't really help either."

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)13:22:48
>> No. 12860 edit
File 13778169061.jpg - (87.92KB , 640x480 , 1377816644.jpg )
12860
"Someone attacked you, Ozaki-san? Genji, please contact the police. Tell them there is an intruder on the island. I will gather everyone."

"My apologies, madame. The long-distance phone lines are still in need of repair."

"Then use the radio! I won't allow a crime to happen in the Ushiromiya house without consequence!"

"...As you wish."

"Please wait here, Ozaki-san. I'll gather everyone and the police will come. I won't allow you or Battler-san to be harmed. Look after the cousins."

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)15:57:26
>> No. 12861 edit
File 137781928796.png - (695.16KB , 862x768 , ozaki_108.png )
12861
>>12860
"Alright"

I go over to the cousins once Natsuhi and Genji leave.

"So this may sound random, but what do you three know about that portrait in the main hall?"

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)16:37:32
>> No. 12862 edit
File 137782001880.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 , 1377819609.jpg )
12862
Natsuhi and Genji leave the room.

Maria instantly perks up when you ask that question.

"Uuu! That's Beato! She's the founder of Magic Sorciere. She can do all kinds of awesome magic and she has an entire Golden Land."

Jessica offers you a small smile. She's starting to pull herself together. "Some people say that Beatrice gave Gramps an entire mountain of gold. But those are just stories."

"Uu! Not stories! Uuu! Beato exists!"

"All right, Maria. Fine." Jessica's not in the mood to argue.

Only Ange looks uncertain.

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)16:51:06
>> No. 12863 edit
File 137782049519.png - (632.04KB , 753x768 , ozaki_103b.png )
12863
>>12862
"Mountain of gold... Then that inscription was probably some sort of riddle to find the location of it I guess."

As if the first question was never asked I move on.

Sorry to ask this of you Jessica, but did something happen between you and Battler?"
>> No. 12864 edit
File 137782065447.jpg - (96.02KB , 640x480 , 1377820608.jpg )
12864
"What? No! It's nothing like that. It's just--" she takes a quick glance at Maria and Ange. "Do you think we can talk about this over there?"

She points to the other end of the room.
>> No. 12865 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12865
>>12864
"Sure"

I follow her over there and wait for a response.
>> No. 12866 edit
File 13778209828.jpg - (94.65KB , 640x480 , 1377820886.jpg )
12866
You both walk away from Maria and Ange.

"Ozaki-kun, let me ask you something. How can you know if you love someone?"
>> No. 12867 edit
File 137782135170.png - (352.84KB , 578x671 , ozaki_125.png )
12867
>>12866
"That is a difficult question, I feel it varies between different people. I am a logical man, if anything trust would be the most important thing. The rest is based off of the level of emotions. ie, do I want to see this person more than anyone else in the world solely for the fact of being together?
At least that is how I would tell."
>> No. 12868 edit
File 137782335785.jpg - (150.80KB , 640x480 , kanon.jpg )
12868
"I see. Something like that, then?" Tears well up in Jessica's eyes. She scowls. "Then what's the damn point of it? If that's what love is, we'd be better off without it. Every day I want to see him more than anyone else. And I have to go every day knowing that I can't. Dammit!"

Jessica breathes heavily for a moment. "Sorry, Ozaki-kun. I know I'm not explaining myself. Let me start from the beginning. We used to have a servant working for us, Kanon-kun..."

--------

Some time ago

"Oi, Kanon-kun. It's really rare for you to invite me to do something like this."

"My apologies, m'lady. I had forgotten how nice the forest looks."

"Eh? You come out here a lot?"

"..I used to. When Master would disappear on one of his whims, I would often be sent into the forest to look for him. Excuse me for speaking freely, m'lady."

"Ahh, no problem! I know Gramps can be a big bother sometimes. He even made me buy his some occult books, once. The bookkeeper looked at me like I was nuts."

Kanon nodded and kept walking. "There is something I'd like to show you, m'lady."

"Whaddya mean?"

"I have to show you. M'lady, I must apologize once more. Will you allow me to be frank with you?"

Jessica was taken aback. "Um, all right."

"Thank you," Kanon paused. "Why is it that you like me?"

Jessica froze. How could she answer something like that?

"What kind of question is that? I have to have some sort of reason? I can't just like you?"

"I did not mean to be rude, m'lady. I'm just curious. We don't seem to have much in common. I don't participate in the hobbies that you do, I don't read books or engage in lively conversations with you at all. So why?"

Jessica was freezing up, but some force kept her walking. Kanon diverged from the path and went in-between some trees. Jessica followed.

"I-it's because you're so kind, Kanon-kun. You aren't cruel to anyone and you have a soft nature."

"I am your servant, m'lady. How would you know such a thing?"

"Kanon-kun... why are you saying such awful things?"

"We're almost there." Kanon ducked in-between another gathering of leaves and, for whatever reason, Jessica followed.

On the other side... was the endless blue of the ocean. Jessica and Kanon stood on the edge of a cliff looking down into the ocean. More rocks lined the bottom.

"You wanted to bring me here?"

"I have dreams," said Kanon. "That I'm falling from this cliff. In it, I'm small and helpless. A part of me wants to grab onto something, but I can't even reach to it. I'm falling for hours and relief only comes when I wake up."

"Kanon-kun, I'm-"

"Don't be sorry. I used to think those dreams were nightmares, but they never were. They were calls home, images reminding me that I have no role to play here."

"What the hell are you saying? You're Kanon-kun! You're a hard worker and you're your own person! Of course you have a role!"

"I'm glad to hear you say that, m'lady."

Then...Kanon took a step forward. He plunged off the cliff. If Jessica had reacted more quickly, she may have been able to grab his sleeve, but she didn't. She refused to believe the scene in front of her was real. She refused the reality of Kanon's body plunging into the depths of the gray ocean.


-------------

In the dining hall, Jessica is sobbing again. "What would make him say those things? Why would he do something like that? I don't get it!"

Last edited at 13/08/29(Thu)17:46:10
>> No. 12869 edit
File 137782403031.png - (439.38KB , 575x652 , ozaki_98.png )
12869
>>12868
"It sounds like he had given up on himself. For whatever reason, perhaps someone burned the thought into his brain or he just reached the conclusion on his own, he thought his life as a servant amounted to nothing and he was lower than a human. I'm sorry to make you relive these memories.

If anything, he decision must have been absolute, as he purposely asked you to see him off. He didn't do it alone, nor ask someone else, if you understand what I mean."
>> No. 12870 edit
File 137782455028.jpg - (64.53KB , 640x480 , dining.jpg )
12870
At that moment, the dining hall fills with almost everyone else. Gohda, Genji, Leon, Kumasawa, Rudolf, Kyrie, George, Eva, Hideyoshi, Natsuhi, Krauss and Rosa all enter the room. The only people missing appear to be Battler and Shannon.
>> No. 12931 edit
File 13786221631.png - (62.01KB , 500x325 , tumblr_m239ynnbvp1ql7vn1o1_500.png )
12931
A week ago GE mentioned in skype that their computer was breaking down and they would need to get it fixed professionally. Since we haven't heard back since then for now the game is postponed. Naturally we'll start back up once GE returns.
>> No. 12932 edit
File 137876524879.jpg - (81.64KB , 640x480 , 1378765180.jpg )
12932
The adults are silent as they start to fill up spaces in the room. Parents find their children and stand beside them. Kyrie walks Ange to a separate part of the room and talks to her quietly.

Meanwhile, Krauss coughs awkwardly. "We seem to be having some problem finding Battler-san at the moment. It's probably nothing, of course, but the telephone and radio aren't working. Captain Kawabata should return in the morning, but we want to make sure that everyone is safe until then."

He glances at you with a look you can't decipher. Natushi probably told him about you being attacked. "I'm sure that, as adults, we would feel better if everyone slept in the mansion tonight. Children can stay in their parent's room, of course. The servants will be in the servant's quarters, as always. Ozaki-san, I hope the VIP room will suit you."

Last edited at 13/09/09(Mon)15:21:22
>> No. 12933 edit
File 135656702519.jpg - (19.23KB , 210x240 , char_34451.jpg )
12933
>>12932
"I have no problems with it."

I also check my head for any wounds since I seemed to have forgotten to.
>> No. 12934 edit
File 137877385241.jpg - (66.65KB , 640x480 , 1378773812.jpg )
12934
You check your head. The right side of your head that feels sore, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of open wound.

The conversation moves away from Battler very quickly. You get a feeling the adults had been talking about it more before that entered the dining hall. They were probably trying to act nonchalant in front of the grandchildren. Rufolf looks especially troubled, every once in a while scrunching up his face.

Before long, Shannon enters the room. Nobody pays a considerable amount of attention to her arrival except George, who you notice looking at her. She helps the other servants bring food out. After much delay, your food is brought to the table.

"I sincerely hope it was worth the way, everyone," Gohda says to the room before stepping out once more.

The room becomes eerily silent as the family members begin to eat their food. Only Ange and Maria look like they're carrying on as always.
>> No. 12935 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12935
>>12934
I start to eat my food for now.
>> No. 12936 edit
File 137877552661.jpg - (75.88KB , 640x480 , 1378775484.jpg )
12936
You're poisoned instantly and die. You eat some food. It tastes pretty good, but obviously re-heated from earlier.

It's Eva who breaks the silence among the adults:

"Maria-chan, may I ask you a question?"

Maria's head plops up. "Uu?"

"This Beatrice person you're always talking about, do you know how I could speak with to her? I would feel like an awful guest if I failed to introduce myself."

Rosa glares. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't tell me that you wouldn't like to meet her as well, dear sister. Doesn't she seem like just a delight? Where is she, Maria?" Eva wears an innocent face.

"Uuu, Beatrice is everywhere at once! She can even be nowhere if she wants to be."

"All right, that's fine. She's everywhere at once. But where would I be able to find some kind of... personification of her?"

Maria's face scrunches. "Beatrice chooses who can see her. If you believe, she'll definitely reveal herself to you."

"That's how it is, huh?" Eva's voice drips with disappointment.

"What's this about, Eva?" Krauss asks her. He looks annoyed.

She sighs. "I might as well show it now. I don't want anyone to incriminate me later for it."

From her purse, Eva pulls out a white envelope. There's some kind of seal on it that looks similar to the head of the ring you saw in the study. Even more surprisingly, she pulls out what looks like a gold bar.

Natsuhi jumps up. "What is the meaning of this?"

In response, Eva reads the letter:

"Members of the Ushiromiya family,

I have taken the fool, Battler, away. He denied his family and everything that comes as a part of it, including the gold he found. I must warn each of you that I am a fickle witch. If you poke your heads around looking for him, I cannot guarantee the boy's safety. I deeply hope that you understand.

-The Golden Witch, Beatrice."

>> No. 12937 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
12937
>>12936
"That goldbar... Where/when did you receive this Eva?"
>> No. 12938 edit
File 137877666141.jpg - (73.18KB , 640x480 , 1378776618.jpg )
12938
"My husband noticed it, and the letter, as we were leaving our room. I read it and slipped it in my pocket before Natsuhi-san caught up with us."

"Why did you want to hide it?" Rosa asks.

"I wanted to see if anyone acted strangely when I asked about Beatrice. It was just a small experiment on my part."

"That's bullshit!"

A loud roar comes from the opposite end of the table. Everyone turns that way. The source of the voice was Rudolf. His face looks red and beads of sweat are already glistening at the top of his head. He slams his fists against the table. Kyrie looks calm beside him, and Ange looks petrified at the other end of the table.

None of the family members looks like they know how to react.

"Why would someone leave a note for the entire family by your door, Eva?"

"Eh? Why would I know something like--"

Rudolf jumps up from the table and starts towards her. "Where is my son? Damn it!"
>> No. 12939 edit
File 13774104964.png - (0.97MB , 891x768 , ozaki_79.png )
12939
>>12938
"Well regardless of why it was directed to Eva and if she actually had "found" it, Rudolf it seems you might know more than you let on. Would you like to confess whatever is on your mind?"
>> No. 12940 edit
File 137877784678.jpg - (52.23KB , 640x480 , 1378777807.jpg )
12940
Rudolf stops walking towards Eva.

"What the hell are you talking about? You were the last one with him. You were supposed to make sure he was okay and he disappeared under your watch! You could be this 'Beatrice' for all that we know!"

"He has a point," Eva says, apparently not feeling at all grateful for you distracting Rudolf.

"I don't think we should jump to conclusions," says Rosa.

"What conclusions? It's not a drastic leap to say that this stranger is suspicious." Eva looks at you.

"Ozaki-san," Kyrie says cooly. "You can understand that my husband is upset. If there's anything you're hiding from us, it wouldn't fare well for you."

The whole family looks towards you. How did the tide change in the room so quickly?
>> No. 12941 edit
File 137877812420.png - (329.03KB , 399x601 , ozaki_57.png )
12941
>>12940
"Sharks at high tide...

Well anyway I was leading into this subject. Battler had a similar bar in his pocket when I checked on him, I assumed it was fake but the weight said otherwise. While we are on the subject immediately after you left I was attacked and knocked out cold. So needless to say Rudolf isn't the only one upset here."

Last edited at 13/09/09(Mon)18:56:09
>> No. 12942 edit
File 137877859485.jpg - (85.88KB , 640x480 , 1378778554.jpg )
12942
"Why didn't you tell anyone about that?" Eva asks.
>> No. 12943 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
12943
>>12942
"Because I found it right before I was knocked out. Why?"
>> No. 12944 edit
File 137877784678.jpg - (52.23KB , 640x480 , 1378777807.jpg )
12944
"Maybe that's true. Forgive me, Ozaki-san. I hope we can still be friends." She offers you a vicious smile.

"Isn't it possible that this is just another one of Battler's pranks?" Rosa asks.

"It's not out of the realm of possibility," says Krauss. "Pointing fingers and accusing each other is just going to rile us up tonight. There's no point in it all."

Maria, who had been quiet ever since the letter had been read, popped her head up. "Uu. Can Maria and Ange go watch TV?"

Rosa hesitates, but nods. "The parlor isn't that far away. Shannon, Leon, could you escort them?"

The servants nod and the group leaves the room. Nobody acknowledges the tears swelling at Ange's eyes.

You've ate a sizable bit of food. You don't feel hungry anymore.
>> No. 12945 edit
File 137877974915.png - (755.85KB , 804x549 , ozaki_20.png )
12945
>>12944
"I'll take my leave as well. Unless you have anything else you want from me then I shall be in my room.

Thank you for the food."

I then leave the room and enter the hallway assuming they don't want anything else from me.
>> No. 12946 edit
File 137878017014.jpg - (87.56KB , 640x480 , 1378780074.jpg )
12946
Natsuhi warns you to be careful, but none of the adults object. You start to head out of the door.

"Ahh, wait, Ozaki-kun! I'll walk with you." Jessica walks quickly to the door. Krauss starts to object, but she's outside of the door before he can be fully heard.

It's quiet in the main hall. The only sounds comes from the parlor where the faint sound of a television set can be heard.

"Hey," Jessica says. "I just wanted to apologize for before. Y'know, me just dumping my whole sob story on you like that."
>> No. 12947 edit
File 131804537699.jpg - (165.07KB , 475x587 , 1311048875412.jpg )
12947
>>12946
"Ah no worries, I'm used to that sort of thing."

"Speaking of which did something happen between Rudolf and Battler? Not only is Eva giving me the stink eye but I feel completely out of the loop now."
>> No. 12948 edit
File 137878162516.jpg - (87.78KB , 640x480 , 1378781559.jpg )
12948
"Yeah. Battler's mom died years ago. Right after she died, Rudolf married Kyrie. That pissed Battler off-- I mean, could you imagine? He stopped coming to the island altogether about five years ago. The way I've heard it, he's been living with his grandparents ever since."

Jessica pauses, letting you absorb the information.

"He's probably fine. Battler always played idiotic jokes like this. He kind of resembles Grandfather in that way, y'know? Everyone always talks about Grandfather like he's this big, tyrannical figure living over us like God, but I remember when he was healthy. He was a big ol' softy! What about you, Ozaki-kun? Any family?"

Last edited at 13/09/09(Mon)19:54:45
>> No. 12949 edit
File 137878187773.png - (567.40KB , 762x768 , ozaki_130b.png )
12949
>>12948
"Ah that must be rough for him...

Thinking back to my canon history I shudder.

"Well my relatives have all past away at this point. Not much else to say about it."

If we aren't already I guess I'll start walking to the parlor and see who is all there.
>> No. 12952 edit
Second Thread: >>12950
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason